Import duties on cycling goods

Capricorn

I recently ordered a complete bike from Italy .Only paid VAT and some courier costs on this side .Even with costs ,the item was 25 K cheaper than here and actually in stock  in my choice .Shimano components  

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, eala said:

I recently ordered a complete bike from Italy .Only paid VAT and some courier costs on this side .Even with costs ,the item was 25 K cheaper than here and actually in stock  in my choice .Shimano components  

You got lucky.

If you said it was Campagnolo components and an Italian frame, all made in Europe, then a EUR1 certificate would make it exempt from duties.

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

You got lucky.

If you said it was Campagnolo components and an Italian frame, all made in Europe, then a EUR1 certificate would make it exempt from duties.

They subtracted the VAT on their side and i paid on this side .Really painless .Do you mean Italian made would be more or less expensive than here ?

51 minutes ago, eala said:

They subtracted the VAT on their side and i paid on this side. Really painless. Do you mean Italian made would be more or less expensive than here?

No, never said or implied that.

Bicycles (fully assembled) are subject to 15% duties, unless 100% made in the EU, EFTA (European Free Trade) or SADC region. It is 11.25% duties from MERCOSUR (South America) region.