Bike Repair & Maintenance For Dummies

Christopher Brunsdon

Just read the PDF book this evening: "Bike Repair & Maintenance For Dummies".

Its my first cycling DIY book so I'm not comparing to others which I understand cover things in more detail.

Very interesting read and actually learnt alot. The book covers both road and MTB. Has enough detail to get the noobs (like me) educated on the foundations of DIY bike repair and maintenance. Not a lot of pictures (B&W only) but enough to help you understand, and being a dummies book the instructions are clear.

Much in the book has been covered on the hub and with the exception of one section, the contents could be posted verbatim on this forum without starting a flame war.

Basically the book covers it all if your just starting out and want to save some bucks: derailleur install & adjustment (excellent write up); BB & crank arm removal & installation; emergency roadside repairs (handy tips); chains (install, problems, fixing); etc

Not the type of book you would buy your LBS mechanic or JB, but if your looking for your first book and do not feel like googling the hub and filtering through years of threads to get your info then I would say this is a good investment.

ebook if R145 and softcover is R221. (First time I've actually read an ebook from start to finish).