Brand pronunciation...

AndreZA

There are a few brand names where I either don't know if I'm pronouncing it correctly or the manufacturers don't know how to spell.

One is Ciocc. I read now it is pronouncec "church" http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/extro-lc-10-39378

Others are Cervélo. Is it "sirvello" or "sirvaylo"

Principia = PrinSIpia or PrinsiPIA

People get Sram wrong aswell. It is not Shram or Es-ram but just Sram as in pram.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

Another important one is Shimano..... pronounced as it is written SHI-MANO ...... not the derogatory way ignorant kempekkernoglia users insist on.

And Look? I've always wondered about that one.

I've always wondered about: dedacciai...

Guest Big H

And Look? I've always wondered about that one.

Both you and that Moegoe character are looking for very big trouble.... Moegoe is using the evertar of Momparra and you are using Mud Dee's evertar. They are both fun loving guys and old and respected Hubbers. I have to warn you both for the final time to stop with this uncalled for prctices as I cannot warrant their reaction when they find out what you newbies are doing!!!!!!!!!!

My request for a eS RAM RD at Solomons drew a blank - where that comes from is my digital electrons heritage lol

First there was RAM (Random Acccess Memory) then S RAM came along (Static Random Access Memory) - old habits die hard esp. when you grow old. After a few u toobs I got the right lingo for the cycling brand - shram

Dedacciai: De-da-chear

Ciocc: Ch-ioch

Bianchi: Be-oung-ki - not Be-an-chi (FFS - this one cheeses me off)

Other brands:

Lancia: Lunch-ia, not Lans-ia

Alfa Romeo: Alfa Rom-ay-o, not Alfa Rome-e-oh (another one that grates my carrot)

And then..the worst of the worst: Espresso: E-spres-so, not Ex-presso (This one sends me through the roof, petty yes, but get it right FFS! AAAAARRRGGHHHH)

Guest Big H

Dedacciai: De-da-chear

Ciocc: Ch-ioch

Bianchi: Be-oung-ki - not Be-an-chi (FFS - this one cheeses me off)

Other brands:

Lancia: Lunch-ia, not Lans-ia

Alfa Romeo: Alfa Rom-ay-o, not Alfa Rome-e-oh (another one that grates my carrot)

You are wrong..... Alfa Romeo can be pronounced in many different ways..... for example

Sh!t its leaking oil again!!!!!

Start you f..cker start!!!!!

What is that rattle!!!!!

Come on now .... do not act like you are a BMW!!!!!!!!!

Many more that I cannot really publish!!!!!

O ja .... ek vra sommer net daai sterk koffie maar in 'n groot koppie..... cannot unnerstand why the Eyeteys are such wimps that they drink coffee out of pansy cups!!!!!!!!

You are wrong..... Alfa Romeo can be pronounced in many different ways..... for example

What is that rattle!!!!!

O ja .... ek vra sommer net daai sterk koffie maar in 'n groot koppie..... cannot unnerstand why the Eyeteys are such wimps that they drink coffee out of pansy cups!!!!!!!!

whaha, you brought a good laugh to my face. The people think im nuts laughing at my laptop here

What is that rattle!!!!!

:D :D :D - yeah, having had three Alfa's in my young days I can attest to that.

Oh and you forgot the main one.......

d**n another rust spot.!!!!

.......but they were great cars,there was nothing like the sound and feel of those twin webers sucking in the air as you floored the pedal........I loved em, warts and all.!

:D :D :D - yeah, having had three Alfa's in my young days I can attest to that.

Oh and you forgot the main one.......

d**n another rust spot.!!!!

.......but they were great cars,there was nothing like the sound and feel of those twin webers sucking in the air as you floored the pedal........I loved em, warts and all.!

Hoe laat 'n mens 'n Draadkar olie lek?

Sit net 'n Alfa badge op....

Nice one bumpNgrind! I also just laughed out loud and now the dude next to me at work is giving me the lazy eye

Guest Big H

how do you pronounce Mampara

is it M-amp-ara or Mamp-ara or Mam-para ....

Toe hy nog hier was het hy dit met 'n kleinlettertjie "m" gespel!!!!!!!!