So I messed up - Roadys boereraad needed!

Bos

So my CRC order came in yesterday and being 12 years old I couldnt resist trying to build my bike in one go and when back from my evening plans I took a deep breath and hit it like a man possesed... so at 2am It was time to do the internal cable routings. luckely the frame had those nice internal guides....

well apart from the rear brake, which seems to have a outer running al the way through to the back, so not knowing this I put a silver endcap on the cable end and pushed it into the cable stop ( I thought it would stop) in the frame, expecting it to stop, like a cablestop.. anyway, It goes into the toptube and then It dawned on me that when I pull the cable out the endcap would come off..which it did..

So now I dave a endcap rattling around in my toptube..:D

My thoughts..1 ) try and work it to the hole with a Magnet (its a carbon frame)

2) ( IT WAS LATE OK) drop some superglue into the frame and hope it glues the sucker to the frame somewhere:rolleyes:

Anyone ever done something like slimjan-bos and fixed it? ??

Or if there is a hole between the headtube and the the top tube you can try shaking it out that way.

Or if there is a hole between the top tube and the seat tube you can remove the crank and BB and take it out at the BB.. Had to do this on the down tube with a stuffed riv-nut...

soooo... what you guys are really saying is forgetabout it. haha.. No ****, Theres no hole in my seat tube but I havnt thought of the headtube..mm,that might be the easier one.

thanks I somehow didnt think of that, haha. drilling the frame! are you mad!:lol:

Get a magnet and attach to a rear spoke. Then wind some copper wire around chainstay. This is your generator. Take wires from generator and create electromagnet which you place on top tube to keep the end cap still.

This is not boereraad, but engineering raad.

Its a carbon frame, so no holes,,, sorry dude. attach a small magnet to a spoke or something thin, You can use the Fulcrum magnets. They are VERY powerfull. Rock the frame to make the end cap slide into the magnet, and pull back slowly. If the frame has a insert, you should be able to remove it... and will make things much easier. Good luck!

Get a magnet and attach to a rear spoke. Then wind some copper wire around chainstay. This is your generator. Take wires from generator and create electromagnet which you place on top tube to keep the end cap still.

Class... if the cap starts rattling, you're riding too slowly. And you'll be able to charge your phone off it as well.

I like where this is going. You could charge the battery for your motor from it!

•  
  • Try and suck it out with a vacuum cleaner.
  • Use the rattle as a strategic weapon against your peloton opponents.
  • Melt some toilet pan wax onto it to secure it.
  • Fill the entire frame with urethane foam.
  • Pour acid into the tube to dissolve the cap.
  • Use plastic caps in future.

I kinda like the electromagnet idea. I like your enthusiasm. It's been a very long time since I stayed up 'till 2 to play with toys.....what shall I buy?

If you do this, we can call you Tony Stark.

i broke a spoke on one of my wheels a couple of years back... and the end bit is somewhere in the rim... you eventually don't even notice it

i broke a spoke on one of my wheels a couple of years back... and the end bit is somewhere in the rim... you eventually don't even notice it

Can't really help - sorry!! What bike frame (make) is it?