Got a question today from top Junior road rider - EPINEPHERIN?

MobileBikeTec

Hi Guys.

I was servicing a bike today of one of the top Junior road riders. We were chatting about racing a few years back when I was junior and we got on the topic of doping...

He asked me about something called EPINEPHERIN?! I dont know what it is, but I told him he must rather stay away from anything to keep his cycling career going.

I've heard alot of names before but never that. And if I google it, it doesnt look like something you can play with.

What is it, and what does it do?! And should I talk to his parents about questions he asked?

These Junior riders are pushing it really hard. How does one handle this?

Thanks.

Juan Smook

Mobile Bicycle Technix

its adrenaline. Rather stay away from it.

Thats what I understood as well. But how does that even cross the mind of someone that is 17years old?! That scared the living @$@#&$ out of me today.

Whats happening in the world of cycling?! Its not who is the strongest rider anymore... Its who's dad has got the most cash to slap the doctor with so his kid can perform!

Scary world out there!

Thats what I understood as well. But how does that even cross the mind of someone that is 17years old?! That scared the living @$@#&$ out of me today.

Whats happening in the world of cycling?! Its not who is the strongest rider anymore... Its who's dad has got the most cash to slap the doctor with so his kid can perform!

Scary world out there!

15/16 year olds at a Private PE school were useing growth hormones and steroids and were getting it from a personal trainer at the gym.

I did report him but nothing happend.

hi BeOne,

there are funny rules with steriods and stuff and basically the law is more in favour of the criminal again. at our local gym there is a guy selling all sorts o sht to people, especially school kids. The personal trainers and other gym staff had trown him out before, but they can't deny him access to the gym. The trainer then told me about the relaxed law that we have and that their hands are basically tied..

Epinepherin/Ephedrine all stimulants used to be in Thinz diet tablets - could be used in the manufacture of TIK definitely not cOOl for kids to be asking about this SH@##@T.

hi BeOne,

there are funny rules with steriods and stuff and basically the law is more in favour of the criminal again. at our local gym there is a guy selling all sorts o sht to people, especially school kids. The personal trainers and other gym staff had trown him out before, but they can't deny him access to the gym. The trainer then told me about the relaxed law that we have and that their hands are basically tied..

Why can’t they deny him access to the gym this makes no sense at all refund him his membership and then he can't access the gym, sounds like a very lame excuse form your gym is it not on private property and do they not deny access to all others who is not members.

I remember this kid in the Virgin Active gym in Kby - he was 14...and using Deca...

I'd rather just let them use the roids. Nothing you say or do will change their minds. If they wanna use it, LET THEM!!!

If enough people die, maybe then it will sink in how dangerous that sh!t can be...It always has to go to the extreme before it sinks in!!!

People are quick to say how much doping takes place in cycling, but forget about the extent of steroid abuse in schoolboy rugby. There was a research article a few years ago where it was estimated that close to 80% of the players at the St Stithians rugby festival had used some kind of steroid during the year. What makes it even more scary is that the players wont deny it if you accuse/ question them about it. I guess that kids these days will do anything for "hero" status at their school

The other plroblem is that there are parents who encourage the doping and think their kids are their own "second chance"

Wait till you guys see what school level rugby players are using. It is scary that their parents and coaches approve of it.... Winning isn't everything to me and I my opinion has always been that the best man will win...

I'm 17 years old and my dad is quiet a gym bunny, knows about roids and bla bla bla.

Not once have I ever considered using any performance enhancing substances. But then again I'm probably not at the same level of riding he is at!

Hope for his sake he doesn't screw up his riding.

MobileBikeTec, if he trusts you, be careful about approaching his parents. This could betray his trust and then you would never know if anything else came up.

I'd suggest chat to him about it, ask him if he has told/asked his parents. You will also then see if its problem children or problem parents!

tell him he can't take enough of the stuff... hopefully he'll peg and the world is rid of another doper. And don't tell me but hes a kid, if he wants to mess with stuff ment for adults ditto.

cervelo i echo you there. If people want to do stupid things they must live with the consequences. and just because a kid is 16 doesnt mean that he doesnt know what hes doing.

Smokers who get lung cancer and drinkers who get liver cancer shouldnt look to me for sympathy

I'm 17 years old and my dad is quiet a gym bunny, knows about roids and bla bla bla.

Not once have I ever considered using any performance enhancing substances. But then again I'm probably not at the same level of riding he is at!

Hope for his sake he doesn't screw up his riding.

MobileBikeTec, if he trusts you, be careful about approaching his parents. This could betray his trust and then you would never know if anything else came up.

I'd suggest chat to him about it, ask him if he has told/asked his parents. You will also then see if its problem children or problem parents!

Most of the time one of the parents know and yes usually the father.

This stuff isn't cheap so they must pay for it....or else his stealling for it.

Virgin Active seems to be a problem with this as i have seen many of the P trainers selling in the change rooms.Management don't seem to care anyway.