truth

champ

amidst the sensation generated by the competition commission"s finding of price-fixing against a number of prominent cycling firms ,cajees cycle corner would like to assure its valued customers and the public at large that ours is a business of excellence and that we have never colluded with other retailers to fix our prices.

our customers best interest will continue to serve as an essential component of our approach to maintaining and developing a dynamic environment on which the genial principles of a small family-run establishment may be applied to a growing business.

our customers can rest assured that they receiving only the peak of professional,friendly and accountable service.

as is the case with any growing business ,it may be necessary to overcome a number of service related hurdles be associated with consistency,quality or attitude.

cajees cycle corner has undertaken to establish a tradition of accountability in which praise is given where it is due and shortcomings are similarly acknowledged and managed in a way that maintains our status as one of the country's leading cycling firms.

an understood but nevertheless effective structure of accountability is too often confused with complacency and cajees cycle corner wishes to guarantee its customers of a first class experience at any of our eight branches country wide

yours sincerely

fatima

To be honest, I like Cajees.

I like the fact the owner is there right behind his till looking after business, I like the fact they are accountable and dont concern themselves with what the rest of the industry dos - what matters to them is their business and they do what they need to do to make it a success.

Basic good business principles - Yeah, I like them.

I thought this thread was about that legendry club at the old snake park in Midrand... ;) I remembr some wicked parties there about 5-6 years ago.

Big up to Cajees for standing up and defending themselves, never been there tho.

I have a Cajees close to where I stay and it is more expensive than the cycle lab down the road or the FPC shop...

I like Cajees because it's accessible to everyone & not sniffy to folk who arent pros.

Their prices were very good about 3 years ago but of late I get much better prices from the other cycle shops.

when is Cajees going to sell the right sized bicycles to newcomers. I've been screwed this way, and it seems its general practice at the shops to sell an incorrect sized bike to newcomers knowing nothing.. so when this poor person gets the right advice from another cyclist after being uncomfortable on a wrong sized bike... he /she must go back , and buy another bicycle. Cause conveniently Cajees don't have a 30 day ride and if you're not happy they'll exchange it..

CAJEES - now open your eyes, and read very clearly - GO AND

when is Cajees going to sell the right sized bicycles to newcomers. I've been screwed this way, and it seems its general practice at the shops to sell an incorrect sized bike to newcomers knowing nothing.. so when this poor person gets the right advice from another cyclist after being uncomfortable on a wrong sized bike... he /she must go back , and buy another bicycle. Cause conveniently Cajees don't have a 30 day ride and if you're not happy they'll exchange it..

This is most shops and i have seen it many times.

ag asseblief. I bought my previous bike from another shop and it was the wrong size. I even went to CL for a bike setup and they did even tell me it was the wrong size. Went back to original shop and told them it was wrong and they replaced it with one two sizes bigger. It felt okay for a few days but but then I started feeling uncomfortable. They replaced the frame again for one inbetween the two previous ones. Went back to CL for another setup and they just used my old setting to set up the bike. Only a while back when I did a bike setup myself did I get everything right.

At Cajees one can negotiate. No such thing at other bike shops. Whether or not negotiations should be necessary...? Now that is another question for another time.

A well known shop in Kempton also sold me the wrong sized MTB when I bought my first bike.

A-holes!!

At Cajees one can negotiate. No such thing at other bike shops. Whether or not negotiations should be necessary...? Now that is another question for another time.

I have negotiated at other bike shops, but I have never heard as many complaints as I have about cajees-maybe too many family members working there and not enough cyclists!

Ja, Fatima needs to search these Forums for Cajees. There was a huge rant on them this week. At least she's saying something, though some upper case letters would look a little less e.e.cummings.

I have negotiated at other bike shops, but I have never heard as many complaints as I have about cajees-maybe too many family members working there and not enough cyclists!

Hmm, from my experience "cyclists" dont always make good "businessmen".Sadly the two are not synonomous.

Cajees, 8 stores, and more stock in one store than I have seen in 10 so called "pro-stores" - have to be doing something right.!

Cajees,

I am sorry I never wanna knock anyone or even a re-tailer, however i have a 65 year old father in law, and a 58 year old mother in law, (yes in laws run, not these they are cool and young at heart), however. They went to Cajees to buy Mountain Bikes after they rode my wifes and mine in Decemeber, cajees saw they were new to the sport and well they were sold 2 mountain bikes no extras and completly wrong for R17500.00.

Not small change, its 5 months later and my Father in law hates his bike wants a Dual Suspension due to his age, even afetr he ask about the bikes and terrain and what it would do to his "aged" body. So besides selling wrong sizes they also dont listen or assist the cliet with valued input.....

I get the sense... Its a sale and bye, .....not lets build a client base and relationship with the person who keeps us in business. Just my 2 cents of hopeless opinion. If cajees did their work properly in the first place they may have sold R25000 worth of machines made more and had a happy client, but yes is was a quick sale.