New HUB, what don't you like/what do you like?

manbearpig

I'm still not sold on the "new hub". Things like dragging your mouse over a for sale heading and seeing more details.... doesn't happen any more...and it seems a bit cluttered on the home page. I like the new profile bit though.

Maybe because it looks a bit posher people seem to be behaving themselves in a very un-Hublike manner.

It all seems cycling related and an awful lot of f*ckwits seem to have stopped posting rubbish, for the time being at least.

I guess thats a good thing.

Yeah, its a good thing.

On my non-hoity toity cell phone it does not work too well. I normally only use the "Latest Forum Posts" window on the phone and with the new site the "latest post" icons doe not appear.

you need to get a hoity toity phone Mr ex manfrog

would love to but I only allow myself a R100 a month contract.

I'm still not sold on the "new hub". Things like dragging your mouse over a for sale heading and seeing more details.... doesn't happen any more...and it seems a bit cluttered on the home page. I like the new profile bit though.

I dont think we need that function anymore. The Topic description is meant for that when posting your new Ad. Hubbers just need to take the time to write something there...eg:

Topic Title

Giant TCR C1 for sale.

Topic Description

Size 54, full carbon. R5000

If you would like to read further then click on the actual Ad. Use the full editor function.

I would like to be able to change the view, so that topics for only the last 1 shows up by default instead of having to change it every time.

The ability to hide certain sections would also be nice.

On my non-hoity toity cell phone it does not work too well. I normally only use the "Latest Forum Posts" window on the phone and with the new site the "latest post" icons doe not appear.

whoop whoop

Any help on how to paste a table format would be a great help to me - from Excel.

In the old format is was as simple as copy and paste and voila... the info was arranged in a table format.

what am i doing wrong if it is possible?

Having the search function accept 2 letters (such as GT) would make a difference. Also have the search function so you can just search one forum section not everything.

I dont think we need that function anymore. The Topic description is meant for that when posting your new Ad. Hubbers just need to take the time to write something there...eg:

Topic Title

Giant TCR C1 for sale.

Topic Description

Size 54, full carbon. R5000

If you would like to read further then click on the actual Ad. Use the full editor function.

Having the search function accept 2 letters (such as GT) would make a difference. Also have the search function so you can just search one forum section not everything.

I still dont know where to search.

I cannot get to my PM's in one straightforward way.

I cant read the posts in my g-mail inbox to log on If I want to reply or comment

I think the novelty wil wear off eventually and guys will start misbehaving.. I miss that, Its cold in here. wheres the heat??;)

I dig uploading proper photos

I dig some of the profile stuff, but think its a bit much.

I only get like 2 e-mail notifications and you all know I post more than that.

but Yes aal in all It looks more International, the old hub was well, simple and maybe not to friendly for newcommers anyway.

I would dig to see stats of users, how many new, how many left, etc..

and I miss the laugh Icon and the wink was much better.

When you preview a post your original text entered loses all its line breaks. Then when you post for real the formatting is all screwed even though the preview looks fine. Otherwise I like, things change and we need to get with it I guess.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't been on the Hub for a while and I haven't a clue what's going on!!!

All I want to do is to place an ad in 'for sale'.

It used to be simple; now it all leads to a dead end and terminolgy that seems to belong on another planet!

Help wanted please.

Dave