Help needed choosing a club!

Turk182

Hi,

I've just moved up from Cape Town (3months) and i rode for City Cycling Club but now that i'm a gautenger i need to join a club up here, asked in the TCS forum but no reply, anyone now of a good club in the Randburg area that won't cost an arm and a leg......?

TCS not taking in any new members this year as far as I know. Your post on the TCS forum might take some time to be approved. I know it can be frustrating. Been there, done that...

cyclelab fourways. (is there really any other?!)

Yes there is.

The question is, do you wanna race hard, ride socially, jump red lights, ride 4-7 abreast on a single carriage way. If you answer is YES to all except the "ride social" part, then Cyclelab or Club 100 or even Bionic is the club for you.

cyclelab is so ecpensive man!

three costs opf R400 each total to R1200

once off fee

yearly fee

and for the clothes

dam man, so expensive

TCS not taking in any new members this year as far as I know. Your post on the TCS forum might take some time to be approved. I know it can be frustrating. Been there' date=' done that...[/quote']

I thought they were passionate about cycling.............

TCS not taking in any new members this year as far as I know. Your post on the TCS forum might take some time to be approved. I know it can be frustrating. Been there' date=' done that...[/quote']

I thought they were passionate about cycling.............

What ever!

TCS not taking in any new members this year as far as I know. Your post on the TCS forum might take some time to be approved. I know it can be frustrating. Been there' date=' done that...[/quote'] why does it have to be approved? they obvoiusly have to many members if they are not taking any newbies......first club i know that restricts access....oh well cresta sounds ok, not sure about the kit......i do want to race......thanks for the info

Guest colonel

Take a club that wants you, then there is no cliquey groups and you wont feel like an outsider.

TSC is a very selected bunch of friends. They are less interested in numbers and more interested in vibe. Great bunch of guys, but yes not everyone is for them.

turk, also have a look at where their club rides start from. you dont want to have to ride/drive 15kms to start a club ride.

www.cyclelab.com and www.club100.co.za are the biggest with plenty of detail on their website. Dont know much about cresta wheelers, but haven't heard anything negative.

During the weeks there are rides from a garage on main road (not too far from Randburg  aka "the engen to engen classic" Wink and there are normally a couple of groups to choose from.

what a bunch of crap-join maties club in stel and still race in jo'burg. you can do that!