Transbaviaans training Gauteng

BergAttie

I'm training for Transbaviaans and will be in Jhb next week (6-9 July). I would like to hook up with anybody riding in the afternoons/early evenings?

Wont be training that time of the day: but can tell you where you should definately go to for training... and there will be lotsa other riders too: Groenkloof Nature Reserve by just before Pta. Secure, beautiful!

Other tracks would be The Spruit starting from Albert's Farm to Rivonia, through Emmarentia dam. But you HAVE to take a partner on this stretch.

Only 2 places that I can think of now that you can train off-road during the week.

I'm training for Transbaviaans and will be in Jhb next week (6-9 July). I would like to hook up with anybody riding in the afternoons/early evenings?

we were supposed to train for this ride??? no-one ever told ME !!!

groenkloof, yummy - enjoy

and bring your lights and go test them at the D&D ride from the moo mall on thursday nights.

Wont be training that time of the day: but can tell you where you should definately go to for training... and there will be lotsa other riders too: Groenkloof Nature Reserve by just before Pta. Secure, beautiful!

Other tracks would be The Spruit starting from Albert's Farm to Rivonia, through Emmarentia dam. But you HAVE to take a partner on this stretch.

Only 2 places that I can think of now that you can train off-road during the week.

Lots of places..

Groenkloof

Voortrekker monument

Boschkop park - awesome, awesome, awesome singletrack

Trackz out out east of pretoria for some technical skills

MTN bike park...thought you won't get much distance.

etc.

If you are training for the TB - you can ride anywhere on the road, as most of the event is on road. So anywhere will do - distance and time more important than technical

Lots of places..

Groenkloof

Voortrekker monument

etc.

Where is Boschkop park?

Lots of places..

Groenkloof

Voortrekker monument

etc.

Deamon, where is Trackz in Pta East?

Where is Boschkop park?

Bigblade, Boschkop park is actually Boschkop MTB. It is on the Boschkop smallholdings, east of Hans Strydom street - more than 15km great single track.

Where is Boschkop park?

Bigblade, directions received from Jurgen, owner of Boschkop MTB

our gps co-ordinates are S25*46.564' E028*24.879'

if you come from Lynnwood rd, its 5km past Hans Strydom, turn left onto the Boschkop rd, then after 2km left onto Mooiplaats rd (gravel road) go on for 4.3km. you have to cross the Pienaars river, go up the hill and KEEP LEFT. Turn right at the 2nd farm road and continue for 500m, we're on the left. Look out for the yellow signs.