Help Please

The Saint

I have just put a new cluster on my bike, went from a 12 - 23 to a 13-25 and now the chain scrapes the front derailer at the top and bottom on the large and small chain rings respectively of the cluster - not cross chaining, anyone know how I can adjust this? It's shimano by the way.

there are two nuts you can adjust with a screwdriver on the top of the front derailleur, one for h and one for L, i think u need to loosen or tighten both of those.

Yeah well I just f'd it up so that's exactly where I am going. At least now I know I'm not the Bike mechanics son

Oom ek dink ek het dit reg gekry. I don't think it is perfect but it sounds a lot better than what it did. Maar jy is reg ek is sommer dom.

take it into a Bike Shop ffs.Wink

I took mine into the LBS twice for the same reason...still not sorted...and because the bike has done less than 500kms I did not want to do it myself...OomH some tips please..I will do it myself ,stuff them.........

So I went past Cajees and bought my nephew and niece their first bikes, here is nephews, brand new out the box and sold to me with a puncture.GRRRRRRRR

20070808_092438_Photo0060.jpg

Oiltrash are you in Nigeria????? PM me and I will scan the instructions as per one of the bicycle mags a month or two ago and mail it to you. I can also send you the Barnes Manual in PDF.

Lagos is such a lovely city... I miss every moment of my short visit - NOT Tongue

Are you guys staying Victoria Island?

yes well back to the topic at hand. I also changed my rear cassette and haven't had a decent ride since. Been back to LBS three times and they've since changed the chain as well as the cassette. (the one I had on was only 6 months old) I'm seriously thinking of reverting back to the original cassette that came with the bike

Lagos is such a lovely city... I miss every moment of my short visit - NOT Tongue
Are you guys staying Victoria Island?

Yep Victoria Island.....Dude you never came here with me... I have have an absolute smashing time in this place..Luv it...

Also back to the topic....and being a newbie....do all derailers adjust the same way??? eg..is there a different method to adjust Shimano or Campy??