Tread Magazine reveals Silverback's New Moves..

Evolution

Silverback, the South African-born cycling brand, has big plans for international expansion over the next five years and lists among its growth areas urban mobility (commuter/city bikes) and mountain biking.

According to the brand’s latest email newsletter, one the Silverback goals for the next few years are an involvement in a World Cup mountain bike racing team, an ambitious undertaking, but one that will undoubtedly grow the brand’s global exposure and credibility.

read more here

My link

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A pity then that they make such crap bikes...

Could you maybe qualify your statement with some facts?

I think the bikes are pretty decent, especially for the price. So does the Australian Colnago importer who is the official agent for Silverback in that country.

Value for money they are hard to beat. I am surprised there has not been much response to Henmans comment. We are soooo brand conscious...I have seen Silverbacks being punted here on the Hub. Maybe everyone is watching Henman wannabe Murray being given a lesson in tennis by Rafa!

I feel compelled to reply to Timmy's erudite response. Clearly, you are a fountain of brand-related knowledge and your extremely detailed and well-constructed reply to what was an otherwise fairly informative post speaks volumes; far more than your 1st service! By the way Timmy, have you ever ridden a Silverback?

I feel compelled to reply to Timmy's erudite response. Clearly, you are a fountain of brand-related knowledge and your extremely detailed and well-constructed reply to what was an otherwise fairly informative post speaks volumes; far more than your 1st service! By the way Timmy, have you ever ridden a Silverback?

How rare - a Hubber with a respectable command of the English language. Nothing like a subtle F*** you :P

Incidentally, I concur whole-heartedly. Bold claims without further motivation are worthless.

Ha ha, chill out everyone. I'm just grumpy because a Brit will never ever win Wimbledon.

They are good value but the build quality just doesn't seem to be on par with some of the other brands. I have ridden one and didn't enjoy the feel. A mate also cracked one while pedalling along some district road. Each to their own.

For example...

Silverback - Mercury 1 xtr

Price: R30790.00 Category: Full Suspension : Race

Giant - Anthem X1

Price: R34295.00 Category: Full Suspension : Race

Scott - Spark 30

Price: R29999.00 Category: Full Suspension : Race

Would anyone here take the Silverback?

Hipster help me out, I know you got my back.

Ha ha, chill out everyone. I'm just grumpy because a Brit will never ever win Wimbledon.

They are good value but the build quality just doesn't seem to be on par with some of the other brands. I have ridden one and didn't enjoy the feel. A mate also cracked one while pedalling along some district road. Each to their own.

have agree with you 100% I have two mates who have the full sus xc, not sure which one, think they paid about 18k for them, when compared to the merida 96 1000 which at the time was similar price the build quality was chalk and cheese. Not sure about their higher level models.

you get what you pay for

Guest Big H

A pity the British n that they make are such crap people bikes...

I think he is calling you an ace-hole.

have agree with you 100% I have two mates who have the full sus xc, not sure which one, think they paid about 18k for them, when compared to the merida 96 1000 which at the time was similar price the build quality was chalk and cheese. Not sure about their higher level models.

you get what you pay for

Can you be more specific about the build quality?