Coolheat = client relation = oxymoron

Hendrik Petoors

I think I can be rated as a staunch Shimano supporter.

I contacted Coolheat regarding their Ultimate Support Pro ELite Bicycle Repair Stand. I clearly asked wether the stand will be rigourous enough for handling Tandems as their advertisement says, I clearly asked what the price would be as well as other things.

The reply I got said I must contact my closest LBS. What a stupid and non committal reply. Are they not the people who sell and distribute the stuff, are they not obliged to promote and to get prospective clients to buy the stuff. I do not have a friendly LBS anymore. I will not have the time to shop around etc. This is not the first time that I have received this cold shoulder approach from Coolheat.

I seriously wonder wether they are really equipped to sell and distribute a world leading product such as Shimano. I wonder if the only thing they are worried about is the munny they make and do not care a damn about the sport itself.

I did send a email reply to them asking why they did not adress my query but so far they have ignored me.

I for one are now even more firmly committed to import all the Shimano equipment and thingies I need from overseas at much cheaper prices and NOT go through the local agents.

I hate hearing stories like this...........I think it's the munny that's important for them with an attitude like this...

It seriously doesn't take a lot of effort to provide decent support. Just one simple email reply can make the difference between a happy customer and none at all. The SA cycling industry seem to be their own worst enemies.

Ya must admit that my latest experience with them sucks. What should have been sorted out in less than one week took almost two with much frustratuions, wasted telephone calls and the left hand not knowing.......blah, blah, blah, blah 

The fact is that Coolheat are a wholesale distributor who don't supply directly to the public - or at least that is my understanding. They supply the shops - the shops supply you. Can't buy a car from the factory, you buy it from the dealer. Wacko 

Agreed but then they are the first in the row of advisors on their products. I am not contesting that, what I am contesting is that the person who read my email did not care a jack's @ss on what my real needs was. He did not even advise me as a foreign visitor where the product could be obtained...... same as you..... you did not even read my posting that started this debate!!!!!!!!

That is why more and more cyclist start importing their own products and why we have too support the likes of Marvulli and Chris Willemse Cycles online shops.

The only thing they want is PROFFIT. Why could they not gevin you some info on the products I dont kno.

Hendrik , maybe you can go onto Shimano webb and get some info. Good luck

I, too, have tried to relay my dissatisfaction of their products (bought 2 Cateye TLD1000 rear lights and both packed up within 2 weeks & no refund/replacement from them) to them with nothing but excuses and non commital responses.

Even when I sent them an e-mail requesting sponsorship of my initiative, to date have not received a response.

Why can't all distributors be as committed as ProBike!!!!Thumbs%20Down

Maybe that is why Brandon and his business are growing with such great strides. Hope they do not become FAT CAT as well!!!!!!!

I hope we as South Africans see that and support Probike.

Hendrik, suggest that you give me a call to discuss this issue and to whom you in fact emailed at Coolheat.We are distributors to the trade and strive to have the highest possible service levels.

0861-SHIMANO

STEVE MELTZER

Hi Steve, thanx for replying. PM me your email address and I will forward you the emails that followed. Really a pity we have to go this way.

I repeat..... I must be one of the staunchest Shimano supporters on the Hub as well as in South Africa. All I ask when making an enquiry is that the reply should encompass my interest. After all it is the client base that makes your company perform.

I am awaiting your PM. I live in Nigeria and a phone call is prohibitively expensive. Thanx again for the reply.

Shaun, regarding your statement please clarify  your claim on the Cateye TLLD1000 x 2 which you state were defective.Cateye and Coolheat warrant all products claimed for either being defective or faulty and offer  service and backup accordingly.

Please advise to whom you emailed your claim to or email me directly