Kulula Cars = client relations = Oxymoron

Hendrik Petoors

Wow the same thing has happened............ again!!!!!!!

I booked a Tazz for our stay in RSA from the 17th of August. I did that through Vitality on the Internet and all went well and the booking confirmed. M and I want to visit Kruger for a few days and specificlly go camping because we prefer that. I sent a mail to Imperial Car Hire who are Kulula Cars asking if they have smaller vehicles with Towbars. The quote for the Tazz was just over R6000-00 for the month. They sent me a quote for a Mercedes Vito for R26900-00 for the full month stating that smaller cars do not have towbars. I cannot believe the stupidity behind such a decsision. Would a simple email saying that "small cars do not have towbars/are not available" have sufficed.

WHAT IN HADES WOULD M AND I WANT TO DO WITH A MERCEDES VITO FOR A FULL MONTH!!!!!!!!!

What is happening in our R of SA ...... is common sense not ruling any more or did the poor stupid little person who sent me the email just have two bowls of stupid for breakfast!!!!!!!
Hendrik Petoors2007-08-09 03:05:24

Hendrik I refuse to hire a car unless I insure it under my personal policy for the full exposure that it enjoys. Most people are blissfully ignorant of the financial exposures that are inherent to car hiring. The so called "waivers" exclude many types of damage and are not 100% inclusive. So not only do you have, say the R2500 excess, but it applies to only 90% value.....ie. if your R200,000 hire car is written off your excess is not R2,500 but in fact R22,500......and that's if youre lucky not to be involved in a single vehicle accident where you could be in for R200, 000.  The Financial Services Board are finally investigated the car hire "license to print money" market which is long overdue. My suggestion to you if you intend hiring a car "Caveat Emptor"!!!   Check uot these sites for more info!! 

Heres my Kulula cars story. My wife and I plan our semi-annual visit to joburg to see family and friends. I book a car as well for a few days. Two weeks before we leave my sister says i can borrow her car so i phone Kulula and cancel the car. No problem, the process takes a few seconds.

We get to the airport and the check in clerk says we are not booked on the flight. I get an instant ulcer knowing exactly what happened. The person who cancelled the car cancelled the whole flight booking as well. I put on my very best serial killer impersonation and the Kulula ticket ladies managed to sort the issue out for us.

Luckily there were seats on the flight or our whole trip would have been cancelled.

velo2007-08-09 04:24:30

I will be flying in with SAA. We intend giving the car to my son for the period in Kruger and using his bakkie. We will add him then for this period as a secondary driver and pay the extra costs.

Never had anything but fantastic service from Kulula, fly with them and hire cars from them very frequently.