Avianto- what is it like?

Dee Dee

Hi,

Did anyone ride at Avianto this weekend? can you give a description of the trails?

thanks

Hi,

Did anyone ride at Avianto this weekend? can you give a description of the trails?

thanks

Anyone???

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone???

Good riding and some awesome trails, mixed with everything.

Group meets at the wedding venue at 07h30 on Sundays , so it is a good safe enviroment to ride. Try it.

is it like the bike park type trails or more like northern farms/ teak place?

They have a nice mix of all types of riding there.

It is not a "bike park" however ie: not like the MTN bike park.

But it does have lots of open space comparable to Northern Farms or Teak Place in some ways and is safe.

It is a new venue and speaking to the managers there after a sunday ride they seem very keen to develop it as a MTB venue of choice or alternate to the other venues should you want a bit of a change.

it is well worth a look in my opinion.

There is a race there this sunday ,should be good fun.

Where exactly is Avianto?

GPS Co-ord to Avianto Sports grounds

Lattitute : 26° 1'39.03"S

Longtitude : 27°50'34.36"E

The Race itself starts off basically on some secondary roads for about 3km, then the first climb, then downhill and up again and over a hill and then u hit another secondary road. Up untill this pount it's jeep track and single track. Then the road leads to Beyers Naude and you turn right and hit the dirt next to the road, then into some singletrack next to the N14, be carefull of the tree over the track, unless ur a littley u wont make it under it, then a sharp right and a sharp descent and then back to the entrance then another rocky descent, last time they cut the grass and left it over the rocks so u might not be able to see the actual rocks, then past the river and over and thru Avianto then into the local spots one climb, some mud another rocky descent and then into Syribga Spa another uphill down again and then into Avianto. Repeat again for 50km race

The race is average in terms of technical, tough couple of hills etc. but a good race to do.

Oh yes it is not Avianto Estate you have to go to for the start it is the New development that is next to Misty Hills. Drive past the Drift In and past the school on the Left, then hang Left and Left again.

Oh yes it is not Avianto Estate you have to go to for the start it is the New development that is next to Misty Hills. Drive past the Drift In and past the school on the Left, then hang Left and Left again.

What I usually do is to drive towards the Venue and then follow the cars with their Bikes - haven't gone wrong yet ? :P

@ Prozac works for me but just be carefull lot of activity in that area there are 2 spots close by that people also cycle form, but good thing is u cant get too lost in the Cradle

@ Prozac works for me but just be carefull lot of activity in that area there are 2 spots close by that people also cycle form, but good thing is u cant get too lost in the Cradle

True !!!

:D

From what I've read about Avianto so far, it sounds like a great venue. Cant wait for Sunday!!

The Race itself starts off basically on some secondary roads for about 3km, then the first climb, then downhill and up again and over a hill and then u hit another secondary road. Up untill this pount it's jeep track and single track. Then the road leads to Beyers Naude and you turn right and hit the dirt next to the road, then into some singletrack next to the N14, be carefull of the tree over the track, unless ur a littley u wont make it under it, then a sharp right and a sharp descent and then back to the entrance then another rocky descent, last time they cut the grass and left it over the rocks so u might not be able to see the actual rocks, then past the river and over and thru Avianto then into the local spots one climb, some mud another rocky descent and then into Syribga Spa another uphill down again and then into Avianto. Repeat again for 50km race

The race is average in terms of technical, tough couple of hills etc. but a good race to do.

Great description Wheelsuck - There wasn't alot of rain the last few months, do you think we'll have that mud section ? - I almost dissapeared in the mud pool last race. . . :o