Groenkloof Entry Fee

Jozanne

Was anyone else surprised that the entry fee for Groenkloof nature Reserve have gone up from R18 to R25 without warning ?

The gate staff was absolutely clueless when asked questions about why and when, and without warning.

Does anyone have info on the possibility of season tickets etc.

Look, we love the place, but they need to respect their regular visitors !

Agreed, I only took R20! Luckily my mates had extra cash with them.

Strangely enough I did not see a sign to this effect, nor did we get a permit/receipt or aything.

Those gatekeepers must be making good moolah on a weekend!

Planning on riding at VTM this week, what are the entry fees there?

Just go to the entrance gate at Fountains and ask for an annual ticket. They issue it there and then and you just show it every time you want to enter either Groenkloof or Fountains.

I have one it works out really cheap as I try and ride twice a week.

Dear Jozanne

My apologies on behalf of the staff at the gate, they had no reason to be rude. David, could you please follow up on this?

The tariffs are changed annually at the beginning of July (beginning of the financial year), there is a notice to that effect on the website.

I am still working on getting all the documents updated – we unfortunately do not have a team working on the website but only one person, which makes it a bit difficult at times to get everything done in time. My apologies for this but it is beyond my control.

The tariffs should be updated by the end of business today.

Regards

Petro van der Merwe

Webmaster: City of Tshwane

On a more positive note: they have done some work on the trails and have added a few new pieces of single track.(maybe they had to pay for the new signs ;) )

On a more positive note: they have done some work on the trails and have added a few new pieces of single track.(maybe they had to pay for the new signs ;) )

Where is the new single track? :D :D :D

Agreed, I only took R20! Luckily my mates had extra cash with them.

Strangely enough I did not see a sign to this effect, nor did we get a permit/receipt or aything.

Those gatekeepers must be making good moolah on a weekend!

Planning on riding at VTM this week, what are the entry fees there?

Hi Bontie... what/where is VTM??

cheers

I dont know north from south- so I hope you understand my chick directions.....

after you do the wooden bridge along the fence, there is some single track(same as usual). after that there is the jeep track hill up the fence. off the jeep track before you hit the hill there was new single track.

The other places I cant explain