Carousel race

djvr

Ek en my seun het die 110km gedoen. Jig smiley11.gif die wind was mislik. Verbeel ek my of het die "liksensies"alreeds 'n negatiewe invloed op die hoeveelheid inskrywings. Ons groep CL was maar relatief klein in vergelyking met vorige jare. Die parkeerterrein was ook nie so vol soos altyd nie. As jy jou bunch verloor met sulke klein groepe is jy in die moelikheid soos met my gebeur het by die opdraende halfpad. Ek moes op my eie terugsukkel in die wind wat altyd van voor was, maak nie saak hoeveel keer jy links draai nie. smiley7.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my first Carousel race today and I'll be very glad I did itBig%20smile

Thanx to Wolverine and Mr PV for dragging me kicking and screaming to my first sub-4 race. You guys are the bestThumbs%20Up (can we please take it easy on saturday... prety pretty pleaseEmbarrassed)

Was the first race I was able to stick with a bunch for most of the race. And experienced first hand siting in a bunch of about 20 with only about 6 people working at the front. 

I agree with djvr, the wind was nasty.

Nice to see some familiar faces  Joss, Wonder Woman, Kakaa, Rakker, Christie and a few others.

Also met a few hubbers - 1hill@atime, scotty, haga, team sl

now I shall return to the couch and wait for feeling to return to my legsSmile

Thanx to Wolverine and Mr PV for dragging me kicking and screaming to my first sub-4 race. You guys are the bestThumbs%20Up (can we please take it easy on saturday... prety pretty pleaseEmbarrassed)

Was the first race I was able to stick with a bunch for most of the race. And experienced first hand siting in a bunch of about 20 with only about 6 people working at the front. 

I agree with djvr' date=' the wind was nasty.

Nice to see some familiar faces  Joss, Wonder Woman, Kakaa, Rakker, Christie and a few others.

[/quote']

It's not good to use one's hole vocabulairy in one sentence

Even worse when your can't even spell vocabulary LOL

Even worse when your can't even spell vocabulary LOL

Ja nee ek stem saam...... Bliksempie hiermee bly jy in Standerd 4 .... vir die sewende keer!!!!!!!!

Hey, it was great to be back racingThumbs%20Up. So my first real race in a year and a half. The best way to start it, I puncturedDead Just as well I had a back up car, thanks JokermanHugAnyway, my first 10 or so kms was time trialing back to the bunch. Then the ladies were having a bit of a tea party in the beginning so I recovered quite nicely but the front girls got away on the climb just before the turn around point....I need to do some serious hill training. We chased but to no cigar, so I came in with the main bunch and live to tell the tale.

Just when I thought I was going to be able to snooze the afternoon away, friends came over and stayed till 10:30 last night. I am a little tired now but very happy!!

lets try this again, hope it doesn't come up with a SQL error.

Gr8 meeting you guys Lulu and Wolverine, Scotty as well(see you sunday at the club ride), i started BL very late but was there, never saw any other hubbers or recognised them(still thinking how Wolverine recognised me), i was one of the three in germiston wheelers kit, (i think we were pretty loud, ok one of our guys were)....

so we started, i managed to hang onto the main bunch until a couple of guys came down splitting the group, i ended up in the 2nd group which was fine worked together until the turn around, the hill split us up a bit more, after the nice downhill, there were about 15 of us, slowly loosing one at a time, eventually 4 of us at the last 4 kms.

ending on 3h14 my best time everSmile

I agree with djvr' date=' the wind was nasty.

[/quote']

Lulu, it was good to see you again, well done on the raceClap

Hi guys.

Epoh, saw you come past me going down from the turn around point... That was me swearing because I thought it was a flat race...

Looks like we need to do Suikerbos again.

My race was great until the huge fall infront of us, around 99km mark.

I discovered that my carbon Schwinn can do mountain biking! (anyone know what happened with that fall, as there were 1 or 2 guys riding like clowns in that group - C group)... (I was the guy with the Whasp kit on.)

Trying to catch the group again cost me my legs as I was finished after that! Rode the last 7km's on my own and felt like it took an hour!

Well done to all finishers...

Clint

Ek en my seun het die 110km gedoen. Jig smiley11.gif die wind was mislik. Verbeel ek my of het die "liksensies"alreeds 'n negatiewe invloed op die hoeveelheid inskrywings.

Net so van die race af... nie eintlik nie. Ken iemand by lab events, hulle process dieselfde getal entries, maar vir meer races. Daar was gister 4 races in GautengConfused

1hill@aTime. I was one of the guys in the bunch with you most of the way. Lost you about 10km from the end. Finished in 3.16

ok cool i remember you, next time i'm in a group im going to shout, "any hubbers here"Smile, that women in that bunch was pretty strong not sure if she's a hubber, well done, or should i say welldone to myself keeping up to her.