Making of yellow and green EMX-5 for Sylvain Chavanel

nathrix

As if the mechanics don't have enough to worry about. Now they had to build two extra bikes in time for the next stage.

Its awesome how quick they can pull it off.

They look pretty relaxed about it too.

I imagine that they have the frames done and ready. (I mean I doubt they paint it over night...)

I imagine that they have the frames done and ready. (I mean I doubt they paint it over night...)

Why not? They can have those frames ready in about 4 hours. New paints are waterbased. The paint is straightforward and the decals, except the bolka dots which take 2 minutes to cut, are already done. And they are in Belgium so it is not far from the where the riders are.

I hadn't looked at the photo set yet.

It looks like it is done over night and built in the morning.

Awesome!

brilliant - at least EM sprung for some take aways for the over time...... :P

if what a plain yellow frame I'd imagine they make a few before the tour in case one of the riders get yellow - but what are the chances they get a rider in green and yellow and have a bike painted like that.......good things they didn;t have to fly the bike in from Taiwan :D