Supervan

Route and altitude mapping

I’m looking for a versatile unit that can

1. plot the physical route on a map

2. Do an altitude graph

3. Voice command guiding using GPS

Most of the devices can only do 2 out of the 3

Thanks

3. Voice command guiding using GPRS - DO you mean using GPS?

Yes. GPS with Voice Navigation

as a hijack - do the new units have improved accuracy on their altitude measuring abilities ? on the older hand held units the accuracy was shocking!

Is this for your bike or for a car? Most of the higher end Garmin Nuvis can do all of that but won't go so well on a bicycle.

Is this for your bike or for a car? Most of the higher end Garmin Nuvis can do all of that but won't go so well on a bicycle.

80% Car and 20% bike....

I don't think there's a Garmin that'll fit your needs. The Zumo might work if you adapt the motorbike mount for your bike, but it'd be a bit chunky. The Nuvi's not waterproof and the Edge 705 only communicates in beeps. The eTrex, Oregon or Dakota might work, but I'm not sure about a bike mount.

There was some local GPS-type thing that was advertised on the Hub and at the Argus expo whose name eludes me at the moment. Not sure if it does mapping, though.

I don't think there's a Garmin that'll fit your needs. The Zumo might work if you adapt the motorbike mount for your bike, but it'd be a bit chunky. The Nuvi's not waterproof and the Edge 705 only communicates in beeps. The eTrex, Oregon or Dakota might work, but I'm not sure about a bike mount.

There was some local GPS-type thing that was advertised on the Hub and at the Argus expo whose name eludes me at the moment. Not sure if it does mapping, though.

Thanks for your feedback "Edman"

Please PM me.