Something everyone should have

Bos

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bos!

I think I might just use it. My fingers went numb after the Knysna. Actually, two of them are still numb. mmmm.

Thanks Bos!

I think I might just use it. My fingers went numb after the Knysna. Actually, two of them are still numb. mmmm.

here... pull my finger;)

Thx Bos

this is by far the most usefull bit of info that has been on the hub for ages!! ohh apart from the 20 pager about lance doping that is :rolleyes:

Thanks Bos!

Mental note to self: Don't ride in Knysna, it makes your fingers numb permanently. :(

you guys shouldnt "white knuckle" the darn bars so much!! let it flow..! how'd we start talking about fingers here?

You should get Specialized gloves. Its your ring finger and one beside it?!

Yes MTBdude, alas it's those two.

Giro gloves perhaps?

I'm no expert and open to correction, but I've had some minor numbness issues, so have done some research. If the problem persists, it's best to have it looked at.

Which fingers exactly are affected? Not necessarily what your issue is, but there are two specific issues that involve 1)numbness affects thumb, index, middle and half the ring finger and 2)the pinky and half the ring finger. In both cases the palm area relating to either group will be affected. These are normally related to issues with the nerves in the wrist or arm.

If it's not those specificly then it might just be related to your position on the bars or perhaps the amount of bend in the wrist when holding the bars. This is sometimes affected by incorrect brake lever positioning. It's important that there is no bend in the wrist when holding the bars.

good point mint source, as brake and gear lever orientation can significantly affect your normal amount of wrist flex. This in turn depends in what psotion your body is for the majority of your riding. For DHers on the whole, and i could be wrong, but the brakes are at least at a 45% down from a horizontal plane thru the centerline of the grips. Simply cos DH'ers stand more than sit. So maybe DG's brake and gear orientation for that one specific grip might need to be checked, otherwise, a more generic presentation of the issue would encompass both hands. Either that, or her ring is damned huge and cutting of blood flow in the neighbouring fingers :P

I'm no expert and open to correction, but I've had some minor numbness issues, so have done some research. If the problem persists, it's best to have it looked at.

Which fingers exactly are affected? Not necessarily what your issue is, but there are two specific issues that involve 1)numbness affects thumb, index, middle and half the ring finger and 2)the pinky and half the ring finger. In both cases the palm area relating to either group will be affected. These are normally related to issues with the nerves in the wrist or arm.

If it's not those specificly then it might just be related to your position on the bars or perhaps the amount of bend in the wrist when holding the bars. This is sometimes affected by incorrect brake lever positioning. It's important that there is no bend in the wrist when holding the bars.

Just confirm mintsauce, is this cycling related numbness!!! :D

Not necessarily Bat....research seems to indicate a prevailance under sportsmen partaking in events that place high levels of stress on the wrists, ie cyclists, weighlifters, rock climbers, golfers and teenage boys