Bike Manufacturers Thailand

scampman

I am going on a trip to Thailand on the 6th of August 2010, Bankok and Phuket.

Looking at maybe buying a bike there, is it cheaper? what makes and models are there in thailand and does anyone know where these factories of dealerships are. Nerveos of ordering over the internet as dont want to be scammed.

regards, Scampman

ahhh im jealous!! i frikkin love phuket.theres lots of other things u can ride there tho

If you're not carefull, she might be riding you.

Don't recall Thailand having a big cycling scene. Lots of bicycles, but more commuters.

Then you have to get it shipped here etc.

If you do your homework you won't be scammed. Just ask other guys from who they bought their bikes

ahhh im jealous!! i frikkin love phuket.

theres lots of other things u can ride there tho

never been before and dont actually have a clue where i am going or what to do, mate is having a wedding there so off for a week, personally would rather be watching the TDF. shout if u have any ideas of places to ride or things to do.

Guest Big H

Hey..... jy's getroud perd!!!!!!!

never been before and dont actually have a clue where i am going or what to do, mate is having a wedding there so off for a week, personally would rather be watching the TDF. shout if u have any ideas of places to ride or things to do.

Where you going in thailand? If you're into electronics then there are some nice places in bangkok, like MBK(shopping centre). You can also go out of town towards the temples and do some nice riding between plantations.

In Phuket, you can probably ride around the whole island. But I'd rather lay on the beach whole day and at night you wanna go to Bangla road for some serious partying. Their nightlife is the best

The first time I went to China I thought I was getting Everything MY heart desired.. haha, get there and no one has ever seen a bike factory, nor a bike shop, Infact you cant even buy a Presta tube :P In fact the guy on the street has never seen a blond dude before in his lfe..

But then again, Thailand isnt quite as big as China..

Guest Big H

thanks will def check it out. are these all legitimate bike retailers and manufacturers?

Really cannot vouch that they are legal. This is merely a handy list of manufacturers.

Went there for honeymoon two months ago (KL and Phuket). Had some alterior motives with regards to get some well deserved presents to self... Only found one shop in KL. Prices were more or less the same. I was hoping that at least Shimano would be cheaper there. Not worth the effort. European brands are expensive everwhere. No luck in Phuhet. Rather invest in some Singha beers, Tiger beers, scooter commuting, dirt cheap clothes and awesome food!

post-7306-075015400 1278618470.jpg

Cycling on Raya Island

post-7306-009690800 1278618632.jpg

post-7306-069931800 1278618667.jpg

Went there for honeymoon two months ago (KL and Phuket). Had some alterior motives with regards to get some well deserved presents to self... Only found one shop in KL. Prices were more or less the same. I was hoping that at least Shimano would be cheaper there. Not worth the effort. European brands are expensive everwhere. No luck in Phuhet. Rather invest in some Singha beers, Tiger beers, scooter commuting, dirt cheap clothes and awesome food!

post-7306-075015400 1278618470.jpg

Cycling on Raya Island

post-7306-009690800 1278618632.jpg

post-7306-069931800 1278618667.jpg

Looks vaguely familiar.

She looks like a pro! Sporting a cutting edge cycling outfit ;)

... and she introduces a new technique to the sport - "The walk"

post-7474-086176400 1278927211.jpg

Sight seeing:

post-7474-088375200 1278927294.jpg

Ideal bicycle for mountains =

post-7474-013491000 1278927357.jpg

Just double check before you take one of those ladeees home.. :o

Looks vaguely familiar.

She looks like a pro! Sporting a cutting edge cycling outfit ;)

... and she introduces a new technique to the sport - "The walk"

post-7474-086176400 1278927211.jpg

Sight seeing:

post-7474-088375200 1278927294.jpg

Ideal bicycle for mountains =

post-7474-013491000 1278927357.jpg

Aaah... Honeymoon <sigh>... Missing those days...

I was there in April ( got my Red Shirt to boot). Visited a number of bike shops and had a long chat to the lady that runs the Cannondale shop in Bangkok. They import everything and their prices are arguably more expensive than in SA.

What we did that was great fun was book a day cycle tour there are lots of those depending where you go.

Enjoy its a great holiday.