Add some nice smooth Ultegra 6700 shifters

post-4111-092536000 1278613405.jpg

Then throw in a Dura Ace 7800 Crank with Ultegra pedals

post-4111-023502700 1278613449.jpg

Add a couple of Dura Ace WH7850 C24 CL Carbon Clinchers for good measure

post-4111-062596800 1278613528.jpg

Stir up nicely and there you have it

post-4111-081233400 1278613296.jpg

To complete the recipe add some Ultegra 6700 brakes, FD and RD.....(still on order) and you have a realy nice winter training bike........

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

Raleigh nice...... will be quite respectable anywhere.... not only on the trainer.

what brakes are you useing with the sti?

Currently running SORA brakes and they work OK but will be replacing with new Ultegra Shortly.

rather ride the felt....

I use the Raleigh in the trainer and on the road as a spare bike. Previous Felt was burned out in the Elliot Truck on the way to Argus so learnt the value of a spare bike. Also do the GABRAN with the raleigh etc.

I am a bit pedantic about a carbon bike in an indoor trainer and the stresses that it puts on the rear stays seeing as I am also a bit heavy. Friend of mine had the dropout break out of his Trek on the rear stay on the trainer.

But yes much prefer riding the Felt as it is an awesome bike.

How does the Garmin work on the indoor trainer? :blink:

Garmin works OK as I use it on three different bikes. Once you started the Garmin you press the mode button and hold (I tink left bottom one) then you can select which bike you are riding on. The Garmin allows you to pair three different sensors with the same unit so once you have selected the bike it pics up the sensor automatically. I then have speed and cadence on the trainer. Garmin uses voting system between GPS and sensors. I think you must also have it on manual calibration.

So each bike is fitted with its own spead/cadence sensor and it works great no need to have a unit on each bike.

• 2 months later...

I ended up pimping the Raleigh so much it turned into this

Not much of sa difference as they both come from the same factory....... they put the stickers on where the production line splits!!!!

BTW that stack of spacers on top of the stem looks ugly..... a Raleigh rider would never ever do that!!!!!!!!

BTW that stack of spacers on top of the stem looks ugly..... a Raleigh rider would never ever do that!!!!!!!!

Ja ja Big H will cut of after I am happy with setup. Dropped the bars significantly lower from the Raleigh settings.