Scott reflex fx-25

MTBiker

I own a hardtail and want to upgrade to a dual suspension i am looking at the scott reflex fx-25 and i would like to know if any of you have this bike or know of any other good fs bikes below about 15 grand

I own a Reflex FX 35. I bought it for about 9 grand and then upgraded the front fork to a rock shox reba team (bought new off ebay for about 3 grand). I also put an lx crank and bottom bracket and a carbon seat on it for about another 2 grand. Essentially, I have a dual suser that weighs less than the FX 25, with better overall components (especially the fork) for a little less than buying the 25. The bike rocks and it was fun putting it all together. No one else has a bike quite like mine. Well, unless you like the idea so much you do exactly the same thing. If I see a bike just like mine on the trail, I'll know its you.

Cool by the pool.

Tim.

Moving from a hardtail to this has been the best thing for my riding. I ride a bit of cross country and some light freeriding and this bike is more than I will need for a long time.

The front and rear shock both lock out and when they are in the full lock position I can't tell any difference between my old hardtail and the full suspension. No noticable pedal bob when locked out and when standing on climbs you can lock the rear shock remotely

Slightly heavy to start with, but with a bit of clever spending you can get the weight down to mid 13 kilos, which is perfect for my kind of riding.

Are the hayes sole disc brakes good or did you replace them 2. How far have you ridden the bike and if so is it comfortable over ling distances

Mike.

The Hayes are perfect for now, no fade even on more downhill courses. Might replace them at some stage, but not necessary yet. With the rear suspension active it is super comfortable.

Would you recommend the bike. what did you do with the left over shock and were did u buy the reba

I would definately recommend the bike, on the condition that you upgrade some of the components. As I said before, the standard bike is cool but a little heavy. I am a bit bias because I love Scott bikes and products, it seems you do too, seeing as though you're still asking after the Giant Anthem guy. I still have the original shock, it's a rock shox dart 2. Rode it 3 times and now it sleeps in my cupboard. I bought the Reba new on eBay from a guy in Hong Kong. Great guy and it was here in 8 days for 1500 bucks less than anyone in SA.

Just one more question the rear shock. Does it work well, will you replace it in the future and who makes it.

The rear shock is an LCR 110mm travel (dual air). It is made by scott and seems to work pretty well. The upgrade of the shock has an external air resevoir and looks a bit more trick than the standard one. It hasn't given me any sh*t yet and I will ride it until if/when it does.