CRC questions

Jabawakee411

Ok if i pay the whatever amount to get free shipping what else should i do to get the last price. I have seen some people adding duty fees and stuff like that, my bud only pays for VAT or not even can't remember but is he just lucky or how does it work.

Well in theory you should only pay 14%(VAT) +R12(Customs handling per parcel) on bike parts. on other items there is duty's. i think in clouting it is 10-25% + VAT. not sure but you get the idea.

some times, in very rare and exotic circumstances customs will let the parcel go through without charging VAT or dutys.

one more thing: I know some one who was very unlucky. CRC send his stuff in multiple parcels and Customs charged him double VAT. the total amount of the order was was about R5000 and he payed R1400 on VAT. R700 on the one and R700 on the other. and no complaining or begging could convince them. it got to the point where if he did not pay the amount the post office before the next day they where going to return it to CRC. i felt really sorry for him. That is why it is a good idea to make use of a importer or clearing agent.

oooh sounds bad i'm on a really tight budget and only have a little to spare on my order so anything like that and i'm screwed

do you guys think that it is still worth it though

Hi Guys

I have purchased from CRC several times, Customs increase the cost of what you paid by 10% and then add 14% VAT the only time when I had to use a clearing agent is when I imported a full groupset and fork, value about R26k, that cost me an additional R350.

Just don't import clothing, there is a 40% surcharge of clothing to protect our useless clothing industry.

Hi Guys

I have purchased from CRC several times, Customs increase the cost of what you paid by 10% and then add 14% VAT the only time when I had to use a clearing agent is when I imported a full groupset and fork, value about R26k, that cost me an additional R350.

Just don't import clothing, there is a 40% surcharge of clothing to protect our useless clothing industry.

Cool thanks ill protect the industry with 40% surcharge i have to