LBS that stocks decent kids bikes?

greenhorn

I need to upgrade my kids (8rs old) MTB, which shop would the hubbers recommend in JHB that carries decent stock.

Any ideas on good mid range kids bikes (Merida/Giant?)

I've had a look on CRC but dont recognise the brands so am a bit nervous to use them.

Thanks!

my son is eight and i bought him a silverback Atomic as he was a little too small for a adult small frame i must say i am impressed with the quality, if you looking for a higher spec i think specialized does the Hotrock 24" a mtb perfect for junior that wants to start racing sells for about 4k where the Silverback sells for 2k

Seriaas, look at Sportsmans warehouse for Avalanche cosmic 24" . My youngster has had his for 3 or so years now and he is one of the bulletproof, ramp, drop off crash type. His bike is a bit scratched but still works perfectly. IMHO best value for money kiddies bike out there. Also bought my 6 yr old an avalanche max 20" based on my satisfaction with the cosmic

The Cycle Hub in Alberton has some little Meridas in stock. Oh, and while you're there, take along your bike for a lap of the course...

I will go with the Sportsman Warehouse advice. Was last week at my LBS to price a bike for my 10yr old daughter for when she visits me and even he admitted SWs for the best deals.