best value for money 29'er

bees

Hi all , i see that this is a rather old thread. I am asking the same question now.

What would be the best 29er money good buy in 2012?

Edited by bees

I am also looking at a good value for money with performance. I have had a look at the Scott Spark 29er expert, which if u could get it would be around R27/8k. It is a Carbon dual sus....claim 11.5kg. The one up is the Pro....better spec.

Have had a look around, Giant, GT, Trek, Spez.....but am totally lost. Scott seems to be best deal for a carbon and weight. Handling.....I have no clue, coming off a ht 26er, they feel very foreign....

• 3 weeks later...

Went for the Scott Pro....so far v happy, but 2x10 is taking a while to get used yo....

Went for the Scott Pro....so far v happy, but 2x10 is taking a while to get used yo....

is it (2x10) harder on the climbs?

The new Silverback Storm carbon 29er. Storm1 10.6kg will go for +- 23k and Storm2 10.8kg for 20k, both got Stans ZTR crest wheels. The frames look superb with metal protection in the right places, a triangular down tube and some give in the rear triangle along with the narrow 27.2 seat post will add some comfort.

Edited by Berg Bok

is it (2x10) harder on the climbs?

Harder on the smooth stuff and as gets steeper then worse, but easier on rough, rolls nice and able to keep a nice steady cadence.

Harder on the smooth stuff and as gets steeper then worse, but easier on rough, rolls nice and able to keep a nice steady cadence.

Think :whistling: i'll stick to my 3x10

Many guys r very happy with 2x10....I may just b slow to accept changes, I like options. Also gone from rapid rise to standard at the back, I am definitely a rapid rise fan and changing is a huge annoyance, keep on wrong gearing, not sure if SRAM do