Riding on Signal Hill

KevinG

I see on the downhill thread there are a lot of tracks being built on Signal Hill. Are these extreme DH tracks or can they be ridden on a normal XC DS bike? Can you start at the bottom, ride up and bom down the single track? Where do you start?

oh boy, ride up my SH2 and i'm gonna whoopass you boy! (JJ)

and no, there aint many tracks being built. It's just existing tracks done right :P /flamebait.

Most just ride up the fire roads, of which are there are quite a few routes. When you come down, then you can njoy some single track action. SH2 (check how signal hill is split up in the downhill thread) will eventually be the most technical section, but it's short and definitely can be done on an XC rig. Chickenruns are in place for most obstacles, which are nothing major to begin with. :)

So start by following the tar road running paste Vista High School, which given a few left turns, hooks you onto the fire road, or from existing single track closer to Tamboerskloof, which also leads to fire roads, but at least you ahve some single track for quite a bit before hooking up with the fire road.

Then depending on how you ride the fire roads, you can end up near the very top of signal hill, or slightly lower down. From either the latter or former ending, you can follow more single track along the top of signal hill that will take you to the foot of Lion's head, and back. Then just follow the same route back down, but i recommend you go down SH2 for some fun.

i know words can never do a route justice, so I will take some photos, and start a thread specifically for Signal Hill. It's not a lot to offer, but you get a little of everything for everyone :)