garmin HRM battery

udxcob

What length of time should this battery be good for? My HOUR was not detected yesterday, unit is a 705 and about 8 months old

Depends on how much you use it. I have had a battery once last for a year then the next one lasted for a few months. I blamed it on the quality of the battery. Maybe someone else can shed some more light.

Well I use my unit almost daily, replaced the battery today and did a session on my IDT and the unit says max HR 105 and average 105 and yet I had it up to 150, I hope my unit is not packing up, any advice?

Download the session onto your PC and have a look at the HR graph. You should be able to spot if it's dropping points or reading incorrectly etc.

8 months old! You still covered under warranty. Take it back to them and get it sorted. I went through 4 705's before I got the one I have now. Same issues as you are having. Once I finally got this one I have been good. They just swapped the units out for me so hopefully they should do the same for you!!