Shimano XT

_freak_

I think the 770 is Rapid Rise.

If I'm you I'll go for the 772 which is the Shadow version. On CWC it is cheaper then the other two.

Only difference I can see is shifting action is low normal and top normal and 3g weight whatever that means I am not sure.

Remember "Low normal" means it rest on the lowest gear namely the biggest (easiest) gear. "High normal" is the higher gear meaning the smallest more difficult. The last, 771, on is the standard one.

"high normal" means the derailluer, under control of only its spring, goes to the smallest cog and "low normal" means the opposite. High normal is by far the most common and, so far, universal on road bikes.

i get the shadow part, what is rapid raise? my current setup is SLX crank, combo shifters, FD, cassette, chain, currently got a std Deore RD, should i just go for the SLX RD as well?

Rapid rise means that if you use your thumb to shift to a more difficult gear. The chain goes down when you pull the cable. Normally the chain will climb if you use your thumb or pulls the cable.

Rapid rise means that if you use your thumb to shift to a more difficult gear. The chain goes down when you pull the cable. Normally the chain will climb if you use your thumb or pulls the cable.

Does this mean your gears work the other way around from the shifter side?????

Does this mean your gears work the other way around from the shifter side?????

Yes. On duel control levers you will press the lever down and the chain will move down.

Yes it does... I made that mistake, but it doesnt bother me too much. so my rear derailer the thumb increases the gear and the finger trigger decreases it.

I think you get shifters that are specifficly for the rapid rise so that the gears work the normal way around from the shifter side.

If i am correct the theory behind the rapid rise is that if u hit a sharp incline, you can drop gears very easily, becuase the in its neutral possition the derailer returns to the easy gear, compared with the normal set up where the tension in the cable pulls it into the easiest gear.

Yes. On duel control levers you will press the lever down and the chain will move down.

Thanks Moegoe quite interesting !!!!!!!!!! learned something today:)...

Yes it does... I made that mistake, but it doesnt bother me too much. so my rear derailer the thumb increases the gear and the finger trigger decreases it.

I think you get shifters that are specifficly for the rapid rise so that the gears work the normal way around from the shifter side.

If i am correct the theory behind the rapid rise is that if u hit a sharp incline, you can drop gears very easily, becuase the in its neutral possition the derailer returns to the easy gear, compared with the normal set up where the tension in the cable pulls it into the easiest gear.

interesting...