DVR recorder for helmet cam

Flowta

Does anyone know if there is a cheap digital dvr/camera on the market that has an AV input?

I have a nice bullet cam that I picked up a couple of years ago.

I have a mini DV camera that I can use but it is a bit bulky to tag along.

I also used to have a media player that used to have a AV input.

The "spy" stuff I have seen online is frightfully expensive for what you get. There used be a lot of cameras that could take an av input, but now if they do it's not on the spec sheets.

Anyone know of anything on the market at the moment, or have something they want to get rid of?

Not quite sure what you are looking for, but try www.illuder.co.za. They have all sorts of security related stuff (I think covert stuff as well).

Does anyone know if there is a cheap digital dvr/camera on the market that has an AV input?

I have a nice bullet cam that I picked up a couple of years ago.

I have a mini DV camera that I can use but it is a bit bulky to tag along.

I also used to have a media player that used to have a AV input.

The "spy" stuff I have seen online is frightfully expensive for what you get. There used be a lot of cameras that could take an av input, but now if they do it's not on the spec sheets.

Anyone know of anything on the market at the moment, or have something they want to get rid of?

Yeah, camera manufactures actually stopped the av-input on their cameras because of some piracy technicality. They're pretty hard to come by these days - the only one I've been able to find with the AV-input is the Canon HC30. I'm not sure where you can pick one up though...

Alternatively you can pick up a small DVR which will have the AV-in. These are often used by mystery shoppers so you could try contacting a spy shop or something like that.

As a completely different solution, you could ditch the bullet cam and get an all-in-one action camera from the likes of http://www.actioncameras.co.za/

@ vuilgoed: your link didn't work

@ X sports Geek: A small DVR is what I'm after. The problem with those cams is that they use a cmos sensor which tends to produce the "jello wobble" when moved around due to their rolling shutter. Especially at my budget. I have a cheaper actioncam and my LG Viewty phone can take better video, and direct to DivX.

Tho if I had the cash I would look at the GoPro.I've heard good things about them

The bullet cam I have has a Sony 1/3" CCD sensor.

I'm a little out of touch with the small DVRs available today, from experience though, Lawmate produces some good DVRs. The PV500 was always a popular choice.

I'm a little out of touch with the small DVRs available today, from experience though, Lawmate produces some good DVRs. The PV500 was always a popular choice.

Yes, I've seen a couple of sites with that one for sale but they are very expensive. More expensive than the GoPro

Yes, I've seen a couple of sites with that one for sale but they are very expensive. More expensive than the GoPro

Then how about something all-in-one that is about R1,5 http://www.actioncameras.co.za/muvi_atom.html. This wouldn't break the bank but would still let you film your point of view.

http://www.actioncameras.co.za/images/P/veho_atom_mini_camcorder.jpg