Engen cyclist aware ad

AndreZA

This morning I was quite shocked when I heard an ad from Engen on RSG or Jacaranda (I flip stations when irritating songs are on) about cyclist safety.

It starts with a boy getting a bike with training wheels and then as he gets older the dad removes the training wheels. He gets a bigger bike and enters some races. He meets someone and the it's over. It ends with a car tyres screeching. They then ask drivers to be extra careful around cyclist.

Good on you Engen and thank you.

I'm an Engen employee...makes me proud to here they promoting caution to cyclist and motorists alike...

Nice one Engen. I'm sure this kind of ad makes people a little more conscious of cyclists and saves a few lives in the process.

Who is the cycling safety guys? Cant they give some fliers to Engen to hand out when filling up as part of the campaign?

Heard it on both Jakaranda and Highveld this morning.

Well done and thanks to Engen!!

I'm an Engen employee...makes me proud to here they promoting caution to cyclist and motorists alike...

Yip, also makes me proud that I worked at Engen! Sounds like Engen really got behind the right angle. Congrats to the marketing guys in getting it right and being no.1!

I heard a new one this morning. A bunch of news reports about cyclist killed or run over all mixed together. Sad if you hear it like that.