Frame comparison

Grayskull

Hi guys

I have been needing to change my frame for some time now

I ride a 56cm S6 and am looking for a 54cm..

Tho these seem very hard to come by!

Tho there are many other Speedster frame varients available in 54cm for me.

How do these compare to the S2?

And Raleigh frames are also quite common

How would these compare size-wise and what size should I be looking to get if I go with a Raleigh?

Thanks

In Raleigh you should look at a 48cm. I ride a 52cm in compact and 56 in standard geometry.

In Raleigh you should look at a 48cm. I ride a 52cm in compact and 56 in standard geometry.

Not necessarily, this would only hold true for one or two of their product range. Raleigh seem to change their sizing year on year. I think they source their frames from different manufacturers who use different sizing methods (for want of a better word). I’ve had 3 different Raleighs over the years and I’ve done quite a bit of research into their sizing.

A conventional size 54, is normally a medium. I had a 2005 RC6000 that was a medium, but was size 51. My 2007 Team (post recall model) is a size 52 Medium (but is incorrectly marked 52 Large). The 2007 Team (pre recall model), is a 54 Medium. As mentioned above, they also have medium frames that were marked size 48.

If you ride a conventional size 54 and want to get a Raleigh, I suggest you forget about the numerical sizing and look for a frame that is marked “Medium” Unless you are getting the black/red 2007 Team model that was incorrectly marked.

To add insult to this whole thing it would appear that the 2008 LTD and RC7000C carbon models were on the big side. So, if you were on the smaller side of a medium, the medium frame would probably be a bit big, meaning you may need a small.

I also had a 54 Specialized Tarmac which fitted me perfectly. I compared the geometry on this one and chose a Raleigh with similar measurements. You could do the same with the Speedster. Check the geometry tables for each model on their website. It helps a lot.

The S2 frame is quite an upgrade on the S6. It is a lot lighter. The S6, S5, S4 and I think S3 are identical. The S2 and S1 is a lighter, better quality frame.

and that is why you should size up your frames using the top tube or virtual top tube lenghts in the case of a compact frame.

Hi guys

I have been needing to change my frame for some time now

I ride a 56cm S6 and am looking for a 54cm..

Tho these seem very hard to come by!

Tho there are many other Speedster frame varients available in 54cm for me.

How do these compare to the S2?

And Raleigh frames are also quite common

How would these compare size-wise and what size should I be looking to get if I go with a Raleigh?

Thanks

Hi Greyskull,

I have the Planet X Superlight Alloy frameset in stock. The Medium might suit you? Frame, full carbon forks, headset, seatpost for R3675.81 add Planet X Bars, Stem and saddle = R4346.00 (on special )

All the details: http://www.planet-x-...x?categoryID=38

post-1841-060785600 1279191010.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have Bottecchia Duello Framesets for R3000.00

Aluminium Frame, carbon fork and seatpost. 100% handbuilt and finished in Italy with a 2 year warranty :)

Have a look at the BOTTECCHIA Duello Thread for a pic :)

My link