Suspended internet banking and my SARS refund

GLuvsMtb

I got good news today :

My SARS refund of R29 550 was paid - had to click on this link to confirm my banking details.

And I also got bad news:

All 3 banks where I don't bank have suspended my online banking access (funny that my actual bankers have not suspended my online banking facility), but I fixed it by clicking on a link supplied by them.

Is it my imagination or is the volume of spam and phising increasing daily?

Are there actually people falling for this crap?

There are tons of idiots sitting in front of their little growing screens oblivious to what scammers are doing!

Do people never check the URL?

Do you really believe Bill Gates will give you a share of his fortune?

If you get a hit ratio of 1/10 ppl GIVING you their bank account info, you're not doing too badly if ur a crook? ;)

By chance I saw an article in the YOU where a woman gave about R100k to some scam artist from Ghana.

This guy "borrows" somebody elses identity and then scams woman.

Even if you only get one fool a month, that's still a lot more CHING CHING than most of us make a month.

I'm just pissed off that my phony refund was smaller than yours. Perhaps I should contact Nigerian businessman I've been dealing with, and ask him which accountant he uses.

Hows about the dudes that actually flew from overseas to SA...just to be kidnapped (by nigerian gang) for a ransom?

Pretty stooopid to fall for these type of schemes I'd say!!

Whatever you do do not click on any link in a email, no matter how authentic it looks ... especially if it concerns your bank details!

They are sending these emails so that it looks like it was sent from your banks email address, I have no idea how they manage that but still cant believe people click on the links!

I received even more brilliant news recently. I won the Italian lottery!!!.

The best is that i've never even been to Italy, nor did I know that they had a lottery.

All I did to claim my 18 million Euro winnings was to send a bank deposit of R1000 (for courier costs) to the Italian agents in Nigeria. Amazing isn't it. Lady Luck is finally smiling on us.

I received even more brilliant news recently. I won the Italian lottery!!!.

The best is that i've never even been to Italy, nor did I know that they had a lottery.

All I did to claim my 18 million Euro winnings was to send a bank deposit of R1000 (for courier costs) to the Italian agents in Nigeria. Amazing isn't it. Lady Luck is finally smiling on us.

Now that is the reason why your heart rate runs so high during training it is because of all the good news and money you are making.

Guest Anon(yMous)

Well well... Just look at this! I'm a lucky winner as well :mellow:

Dear Winner,

please contact our CLAIM AGENT as soon as you read this

message for urgent release of your fund, his contact information is as follows:-

you are advised to file for your claim immediately through:

Mrs.Mary Lee Owen.

(Online coordinator).

The UK Lottery International Promotion Inc.

PLS:Find attachment below for more details and get back to our agent.

For a nominal fee of R1000.00 I'll allow whoever is first to deposit said cash to act on the information in the attachment and claim the prize on my behalf. Once this is completed I'll only require 35% of the total winnings (R1000.00 upfront fee not part of this). THE REST IS ALL YOURS!!!!

Please act swiftly, this is a never to be repeated, once in a lifetime offer!

:unsure: :o :blink: :D (insert random smileys here to generate a feeling of goodwill)

heehee :lol: haahaa :lol: , yeah rite! :D

It was on Carte Blanche Consumer a few weeks ago... South Africans lose BILLIONS every year with email scams... I guess there's lots of vulnerable/stupid people out there.