Ellsworth Evolve?

Aggies

:rolleyes:Everyone wants a bike that is good for a couple of years. I am a non racer doing a lot of marathons for the reason of totally enjoying the sport. I am concidering the option of buying a frame and then to slowly build it up to a complete bike. My preferance is a more relaxed type of setup. More of a Trail bike than a Race bike.

The one option that I am concidering is the Ellsworth Evolve (Full Suss 29er). :rolleyes:

Any comments from anyone? How about sharing info if you have one.

The other option that I looked at is a Mootz Mooto-XZ.

http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/bikes/mountain/evolve/

Howdy

Good bike - did Epic on mine - there was at least one other there as well. No problems - loving it

I have the XL, so it is a big bike, but is as light as my old hard tail, but I have now added 2.4 tyres on the front to give it some "houding"

I got the last of the 2009 frames, which are the original design - the 2010 looks better (better clearance at the back wheel - although I do not have a problem)

I did some testing, but you battle to get FS 29er's to test - especially the XL's. Looked at the Spez Epic as well, but there was no stock, but I am happier as I have an Ellsworth.

I am also only a multi-day event person, and find the FS 29er a good way to go - I definately finish each day less tired.

I got a good deal on the components by getting a pack with X-9 spec with Am Classic wheels - had no problems with anything yet.

Good luck - you will not be sorry

Hi There

Been riding my Evolve for almost 2 years. Replaced a Truth with it. In my opinion difficult to go wrong with one.

Wont be sorry

Loving my Evolve !

Also did epic on it.

Large Frame coming from a Truth.

Some say it's heavy but the frame itself is actually very light. Super lightweight components are for the smaller guys :)

Reliability is key.

Hi Aggies,

Have you looked at the Kona Hei Hei 2-9er?

I have 2008-2009 18" and 19" frames in stock. Scandium tubing, life time warrantee!

RRP R14,000.00 one of each available at R9999.99

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/images/products/Hei-Hei-2-9-Frame-Side-On.jpg

I have converted to a 2010 Evolve from 2 previous Specialized Epics (26"). The Evolve gives me massive confidence and I ride over obstacles where all my buddies have to get of and push. I also feel much more comfortable doing stage events. It comes highly recommended.

Will never be able to go back to small wheels again.

Attached photo of my bike.

:rolleyes:Everyone wants a bike that is good for a couple of years. I am a non racer doing a lot of marathons for the reason of totally enjoying the sport. I am concidering the option of buying a frame and then to slowly build it up to a complete bike. My preferance is a more relaxed type of setup. More of a Trail bike than a Race bike.

The one option that I am concidering is the Ellsworth Evolve (Full Suss 29er). :rolleyes:

Any comments from anyone? How about sharing info if you have one.

The other option that I looked at is a Mootz Mooto-XZ.

http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/bikes/mountain/evolve/

The only alternative to an Ellsworth is another Ellsworth! If you understand the mechanics behind the ICT suspension you will also understand why most other manufacturer of note buy the rights to use the Ellsworth patented design from them - even the American manufacturer known for the most research in the industry. And it is not only about suspension efficacy but also about reliability! The Evolve has virtually the same geometry as the Truth, which is a thoroughbred race horse proving its metal for quite a number of years now. That gives you the best from both worlds - the lower rolling resistance of a 29er and the ability to accellarate, climb and corner like a racer. The only perceived impediment can be weight, but if you hone your skills to flow it adds in your favour! See attached article on weight vs time ...

BIKE WEIGHTPERFORMANCE.pdf