TdF Stage 11

PeterM

While doing work i follow the TdF on the BBC and Spiegel.de websites (life text commentary).

Now something interesting is happening - stage 11 (184km) - +-40km still to go - basically a flat race. The average speed up to now has been about 37km/h and the race organisers said that this race should have an average speed of 41km/h. So what is happening. Maybe the TdF riders really stopped doping?!? Or is it something else.

While doing work i follow the TdF on the BBC and Spiegel.de websites (life text commentary).

Now something interesting is happening - stage 11 (184km) - +-40km still to go - basically a flat race. The average speed up to now has been about 37km/h and the race organisers said that this race should have an average speed of 41km/h. So what is happening. Maybe the TdF riders really stopped doping?!? Or is it something else.

For good commentary, you should use cyclingnews.com's live coverage.

Well, it is the first day after the Alpes...

I don't think it's got anything to do with doping, if they wanted to lift the pace I'm sure they could've... but why would they today?

Appart from the wind.. If there is no one in a break that is a threat to the overall classification there is no need for the peleton to go faster.

Well done M Cavendish for the stage win!

The average speed for this race went up to 39km/h vs the forecasted 41km/h. Still on the slow side.

It will be informative to see how the speed of this TdF compares with the other TdFs.

Edited by PeterM