New MTB Trail @ Hillcrest and Contermans Durbanville

dirtman

TYGERBERG MTB CLUB AND CONTERMANSKLOOF WILL BE OPENING THE KLIPRUG MTB TRAILS THIS WEEKEND. KLIPRUG IS AN EXTENTION OF THE HILLCREST AND CONTERMANSKLOOF MTB TRAILS. THE TRAILS ARE ABOUT 7 KM IN LENGHT AND 90% ARE SINGLETRACK. IT IS A JOINT VENTURE BETWEEN TYGERBERG MTB CLUB AND CONTERMANSKLOOF AND CAN BE RIDDEN FROM EITHER HILLCREST OR CONTERMANS.

RIDERS MUST PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:

• TYGERBERG MTB CLUB MEMBERS RIDE FOR FREE ON HILLCREST AND KLIPRUG

• THE DAILY CONTERMANSKLOOF OR HILLCREST PERMIT IS ALSO VALID FOR THE

KLIPRUG TRAIL, MEANING YOU DO NOT PAY EXTRA TO RIDE KLIPRUG

• IF YOU START YOUR RIDE AT CONTERMANS AND YOU CROSS OVER TO THE HILLCREST TRAILS AT THE END OF THE KLIPRUG TRAILS, YOU MUST BUY A PERMIT AT THE HILLCREST RESTAURANT IF YOU ARE NOT A TYGERBERG MEMBER

• IF YOU START YOUR RIDE AT HILLCREST AND CROSS OVER TO THE CONTERMANSKLOOF TRAILS AT THE END OF THE KLIPRUG TRAILS, YOU MUST BUY AN ADDITIONAL PERMIT (AT THE TICKET HUT) TO RIDE ON CONTERMANSKLOOF

THE KLIPRUG TRAILS ARE SHARED WITH THE RESIDENT COWS AND SOME PARTS OF THE TRAILS WILL BE MUDDY AND BUMPY AS A RESULT OF THE COWS WALKING ON THE SINGLE TRACK.

TO JOIN THE TYGERBERG MTB CLUB, PLEASE VISIT www.tygerbergmtb.co.za OR PHONE 0728528272

Please take note that we are postponing the opening of the Kliprug trails for non-members of Tygerberg MTB club until next weekend, as a result of Murphy's law. The cows in the adjacent camp managed to break through the fence early this morning and thrashed the single track that was fenced off. We also had to close the connecting path between Kliprug and Hillcrest to prevent the cows from reaching the Hillcrest trails. We will be building a ride-over this weekend to re-open the link to Hillcrest.

The rides called by Tygerberg MTB club for Saturday and Sunday IS GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED - we will just use an alternative route that will be closed up after the rides again.

Please take note that we are postponing the opening of the Kliprug trails for non-members of Tygerberg MTB club until next weekend, as a result of Murphy's law. The cows in the adjacent camp managed to break through the fence early this morning and thrashed the single track that was fenced off. We also had to close the connecting path between Kliprug and Hillcrest to prevent the cows from reaching the Hillcrest trails. We will be building a ride-over this weekend to re-open the link to Hillcrest.

The rides called by Tygerberg MTB club for Saturday and Sunday IS GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED - we will just use an alternative route that will be closed up after the rides again.

What type of bikes are the cows riding? :)

They must find the trails udderly delightful... :D

The new Kliprug trails are open and ready to be ridden. From Hillcrest follow the GREEN route to the top to just before you start going down towards the split of the green and red routes and you will see the signs directing you to Kliprug (if the signs are still covered up, please uncover them - not sure I will get there before the weekend). From Contermans, ask for directions at the hut or look out for the markers when you get to the dam about 200 metres before the end of the route coming down from the top.

We have taken 2 groups through this past weekend and the feedback was great. Just keep in mind that it is not easy route back to Hillcrest - you will need the same fitness that is needed to climb back from Contermans past the masts - the climb via the new route is just shorter. The way in is all dowhnhill or flat and a blast to ride - still a bit bumpy, but is will smoothen out with time.

You must have either a Hillcrest or Contermans permit to ride Kliprug (you do not pay extra for Kliprug). Tygerberg MTB club members ride for free on Hillcrest and Kliprug.