Welvanpas: Bains mtb trails rock!

I rode the white route and yellow route at Welvanpas farm, near Wellington today.

This is a singletrack paradise, the trail builder has put together a masterpiece.

Some very steep stuff here and there with technical descents too.....

Go and support the Welvanpas coffee shop at the start of the trail (you can purchase your permit here)

The surroundings are stunning.

Just go ride it.

http://www.worldmtb.co.za/Welvanpas_MTB.html

Hi Guys & Girls

The White Route at Welvanpas has been extended (once again:)) with some more awesome single track. Be sure to get out there and ride some of the most challenging single tracks in the Western Cape! Anyone who gets off his bike on the zig-zags is a whimp!!!

Hi Guys & Girls

The White Route at Welvanpas has been extended (once again:)) with some more awesome single track. Be sure to get out there and ride some of the most challenging single tracks in the Western Cape! Anyone who gets off his bike on the zig-zags is a whimp!!!

Early morning ride on one of the new sections on the White route @ Welvanpas. Beware of leopards:)post-12757-0-25845600-1305636269.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

anyone have a route profile and map of the long route? (29km?)

Heard good things about this ride, wanna go check it out!

anyone have a route profile and map of the long route? (29km?)

Heard good things about this ride, wanna go check it out!

Will try and send you a profile later today, but the routes are all marked. Just follow the white marker boards if you're riding the White route. :thumbup:

Will try and send you a profile later today, but the routes are all marked. Just follow the white marker boards if you're riding the White route. :thumbup:

Thanks, I have tried the "just follow the markers" approach on a couple of unknown trails before and it doesnt always keep me on the trail.

A gpx file is sooo much more accurate :D Upload it to gps and ... you wont get lost!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday we did the white route, I normally ride tokai alot, but this place completely stoked my. I find that it is perfect for people getting into this sport, also the trails are well maintained and very fast. There are some very hectic steep climbs, but as soon as you summit, damn are you rewarded with some super fast and smooth single track. I missed the technical stuff like in tokai but man what a pleasure to ride, there was no need to worry about people coming head on, on the trail, also there were not hundreds of people on the mountain. It was an absolute please riding there and will be doing it more often. For those of you who like to ride super fast and climb give this place a definite try.

Yup, I have to agree :clap: :D :clap:

Finally manage to get there and do this route last weekend.

Km's of smooth fast flowing single track. A lot of work went into carving km's and km's singletrack into those mountains.

Awesome ride and luckily not to technical ... for a roadie :blush:

I have only one complaint/suggestion .... move that farm closer to Somerset West!

post-4352-0-18821400-1310976115.jpg

post-4352-0-56695800-1310976117.jpg

post-4352-0-66563300-1310976124.jpg

post-4352-0-88796200-1310975994.jpg

naa, its not that far, if you willing to go there, as the reward is great. Maybe add some technical sections, but overall it is superb and probably the one of the best I have ridden in a long time

Its far enough if I have to cycle there ;)

I prefer riding my bike out the front gate myself, not strapped to the car!

• 9 months later...

i was playing/panting the routes the long weekend.first time there and rode the blue and white routes.definately worth while to get out there.the coffee and fresh baked bread with honey went down well as did the windhoek after the ride.will be back with some friends.