Staying LEFT!

BBN

I can not stress enough the importance of staying left when cycling off road, especially on single track.

Case in point, yesterday, enjoying my Sunday morning ride along the spruit in Delta Park, pushing a fairly big gear along the narrow section toward Barry Hertzog, when I approached a group of four riders coming toward me on the single track. I pulled off to my left and gave them a wide birth when one of the girls decided to come out to her right and straight in front of me :o !! Well, wham bam thankyou mam and me lying in a heap on the ground wheezing and thinking i'd broken my ribs, luckily not ! I managed to slam on all brakes and sacrifice myself over the handle bars and only make minor contact. One very sore chest and bent back dropout later, everyone was fine. I just dread to think what would have happened if I had hit her full on, I'm a strong 96kgs and was going full pelt!

So, just as a note, please make sure all your friends and cycling partners know 'the highway code' and.....stay left!!!