Monorail UST not running straight

Guest coenie

Guest coenie

Have you seen this also....

I have a set of UST wheel, so there is no rim strip, and when I fit my monorails I use plenty soap on the rim and the tire but for and the I have tried to pump it quickly, slowly etc but for the life of me I cannot get the Monorail to sit straight on the rim.....

Every time I am done I have put the rim in the bike and when I turn the wheel and have a look at the tread there is ALWAYS a little wobble somewhere... deflate try again same...

I chatted to someone else running mountainking and he's is doing the same and he told me that the bike shop said it is because the use layers of rubber......

Surely they use a mould and the tires should end up symmetrical?

Anyone seen this and what can we do?

Pump the tyre to max pressure. This will alow the bead to pop out evenly. If u follow it now you will notice it does not run uniform. had the same problem. Fixed now by infalting them hard the deflate to desired pressure. Never be 100% true but they are about 98% true.

yip, loads of soapy stuff on the sidewalls, pump fast and to max pressure.. stand it like that and bonce it around a bit until the bead *snaps* in.

They are never perfect tho.

And its not just Maxxis. I've got a Specialized tyre thats also not running straight. Not much you can do.

when I saw this thread in the sidebar I thought you were going to say you cant ride in a straight line with a monorail fitted cause its offers so little traction:P

Its not that bad for Marathon races in the dry though..

Guest coenie

Thanks for all the replies....at least I am not the only one.....I did do the PUMP to 102% of max and I do hear it snap into place like a car tire but it is never 100%

:(

Guest coenie

when I saw this thread in the sidebar I thought you were going to say you cant ride in a straight line with a monorail fitted cause its offers so little traction:P

Its not that bad for Marathon races in the dry though..

LOL

yea i used one on the front in the epic this year and loved it...