What bike to go for

Fassy

Hi

Im new to mountain biking which bike would you recomend getting im looking to spend up to R8500

im look at the gt zaskar elite 09 and mongoose otero super 09

Thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the hub.

This one is gonna go on forever and confuse you even more. Zaskar is great, ride it, if you like it - buy it. You're gonna get hooked and upgrade in a year anyway.

I would go for the GT simply because I think the mongoose are really ugly and generally comes with components not readily available in SA.

I would go for the GT simply because I think the mongoose are really ugly and generally comes with components not readily available in SA.

im no expert on the myriad of mtb choices. however. one of the most amazing bikes i've ever ridden was a GT Zaskar expert

Buy the best bike you can afford - more importantly though, make sure it fits you correctly. My first MTB was too big, and I really didn't enjoy my riding, upgraded to a better, correctly fitted bike, and what a difference.

Size does matter...

Size does matter...

So smaller is sometimes better... Yes! This bodes well for a lot of guys B)

Hi

Im new to mountain biking which bike would you recomend getting im looking to spend up to R8500

im look at the gt zaskar elite 09 and mongoose otero super 09

Thanks

That's the best choice.

GT and Mongoose have the best priced bikes on the market

Welcome to the hub.

This one is gonna go on forever and confuse you even more. Zaskar is great, ride it, if you like it - buy it. You're gonna get hooked and upgrade in a year anyway.

Maybe we should try swing him toward Silverbacks?? ;)

Maybe we should try swing him toward Silverbacks?? ;)

Ha ha! I seem to have created a rep for myself. Great idea though. Fassie do a search for Silverback. You will find loads of adverts. I think you can even get a Mercury 2 for like 500 bucks...

Ha ha! I seem to have created a rep for myself. Great idea though. Fassie do a search for Silverback. You will find loads of adverts. I think you can even get a Mercury 2 for like 500 bucks...

Tim this is actually getting irksome, do me a favour go out with the SB crew, try the bikes and then come try and badmouth them. I'm fully fed up with know it all's that have no fcuking clue what they are on about. For instance if i say tim henman can't play tennis that is a fact, if i said GT makes a crap bike i would be lying ive never been on one.

Tim this is actually getting irksome, do me a favour go out with the SB crew, try the bikes and then come try and badmouth them. I'm fully fed up with know it all's that have no fcuking clue what they are on about. For instance if i say tim henman can't play tennis that is a fact, if i said GT makes a crap bike i would be lying ive never been on one.

How about chilling the **** out for once? So much of anger. It was a joke, really.

Many a love affair with MTB started on a GT.

HIT IT - you will not be sorry with the option you going for...

buy the one with lots of gears. it must also have bar ends on risers added benefit is you look pretty pimped out if you do that