2011 Scott Range

MaxUmis

Well as the heading says, the 2011 Scott range of bike are being launched in SA on 29 Jul... or so I hear...

Included in the 2011 range is the sub 900 gram 26er Scale frame and 949 gram 29er frame. yum. ^_^

I've also noticed a 2011 scale in a shop the other day and they said I could have it for round about R12k. I did learn a secret about the 2011 range by looking at the rear of the bike. I don't know how much of a secret it really is so I won't spill the beans here, but if you really need to know, go search on the probike.co.za website.

With a bit of searching online you might see a sneak peek of the 2011 Genius LT too. It has a very interesting frame design going on...

But I'm more interested in the new 2011 Sparks. Reason being, I'm in the process of booking myself one of the first 2011 Sparks to land in SA.

There are NO specs available online, or at least I couldn't find any. Not even a pikchah. My source also told me that hunting for specs online would be futile.

So all I know about the bike I'm trying to book is that it's XT specked. No idea what color it is, no scoobs on wheelsets and shocks...

The wait is driving me crasy!

Another bit of "skinner" I picked up was the possibility of a 29er duel in the mix...

9 days to go...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really great of Probike to show matchbox size pics of the Raleighs that don't enlarge. What does that help.

It's really gereat of Probike to show matchbox size pics of the Raleighs that don't enlarge. What does that help.

My eyes are still hurting from trying to see what shock they have on the black and green Scale! :D

post-9143-079091600 1279613261.jpg

DT Swiss maybe?

Doubt it. It's got Deore quality cranks. Don't think they will put an expensive fork on a bike that has such cheap parts. Maybe RS. Definitely not Fox either.

Doubt it. It's got Deore quality cranks. Don't think they will put an expensive fork on a bike that has such cheap parts. Maybe RS. Definitely not Fox either.

Well, I wouldn't judge the whole bike by the cranks alone...

What I can see is DT Swiss rims...

I would bet good money that that shock is a RS Reba solo air.

and I suspect an XT dérailleur at the back...

Isn't all Reba's dual air and the Recon Solo Air, or am I confused? :wacko:

oops, dylsexia getting the better of me again... I mean't Recon Solo Air

Well, I wouldn't judge the whole bike by the cranks alone...

What I can see is DT Swiss rims...

I would bet good money that that shock is a RS Reba solo air.

and I suspect an XT dérailleur at the back...

DT rims are as cheap as chips. The forks not. Don't get fooled by the XT rear either. My first Raleigh had XT rear and the rest Deore. This bike looks like the entry level carbon bike. Will probably be more expensive then an alu model with better parts. Try and see the logic behind that.

Hallo to all of you...

There will only be two 29'er models - in aluminium only ..... starting at about ????? R 8500 . For the beginning the 29'er Carbon Scales will be on special order only.....

PM me for a booking......

so is the new Scott F01 project coming out as well?

Also where can one get the limited edition road shoe?

so is the new Scott F01 project coming out as well?

Also where can one get the limited edition road shoe?

Donno about the shoe, but I found this tid-bit on bike radar.

"Scott team equipment manager Hermann Pacal says it'll almost certainly be a 2012 model year product, and the company may even offer a very limited release as a 2011 bike."

here's the link

My eyes are still hurting from trying to see what shock they have on the black and green Scale! :D

post-9143-079091600 1279613261.jpg

Cycle Zone Rustenburg has one in stock SLX groupo "I think" DT Swiss rims R12750.00