CWCycles Wendesday rides

Chris Willemse

Hi all .

We will have our normal Wednesday night rides taking place again as from tomorrow night. There will be 2 rides leaving from Chris Willemse Cycles as follows:

1st one leaving at 18.15: This is for the not so fit riders and they will do approximately 30/35km

2nd one leaving at 18.30: This one will be for the fitter cyclist and they will do approximately 65km

Special note: All riders must wear a helmet and MUST have front and rear lights please.

We will have 2 vehicles doing the back up.

Hope to see you all every Wednesday and please bring a buddy with you.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all .

We will have our normal Wednesday night rides taking place again as from tomorrow night. There will be 2 rides leaving from Chris Willemse Cycles as follows:

1st one leaving at 18.15: This is for the not so fit riders and they will do approximately 30/35km

2nd one leaving at 18.30: This one will be for the fitter cyclist and they will do approximately 65km

Special note: All riders must wear a helmet and MUST have front and rear lights please.

We will have 2 vehicles doing the back up.

Hope to see you all every Wednesday and please bring a buddy with you.

I would be interested in joining the slow group, just wanted to know how good my front light has to be, and if you could recommend any light (price?). I already have a back light. What is the average pace of te 30/35 more or less. I've managed to finish a few 60kms the last few weeks and did the 40 at Wolesley the other day but don't want to hold anyone up or get dropped on the first climb.

Is it mostly just gravel roads?

I would be interested in joining the slow group, just wanted to know how good my front light has to be, and if you could recommend any light (price?). I already have a back light. What is the average pace of te 30/35 more or less. I've managed to finish a few 60kms the last few weeks and did the 40 at Wolesley the other day but don't want to hold anyone up or get dropped on the first climb.

Is it mostly just gravel roads?

Yeah im kinda worried i might hold up the bunch as well, need to get fitter

Yeah im kinda worried i might hold up the bunch as well, need to get fitter

Tonight we did about 60km... out on Wellington rd, onto Occultdale, then onto Adderly, left onto Spes Bona and then home via Wellinton rd.

The pace was nice and rustig out on Wellington, and we push it abit on the gravel sections, but then we wait for everyone to regroup. It's a nice social bunch of guys. Covie and co come join us - there's only one way to get fit.

As for lights - I use an Owlight, R599 on cwc online. It's perfect!

What is stunning ride and evening it was last night. Thanks to all of you who was at the ride. No accidents and everybody road like champs. See you all again next week. I think we should do a new route again. Will go out by car and look at some new ones.

Let me just add my bit of advice to those of you who feel slightly intimidated to join the group, I am nearly 50 years old, weigh 93kg and I manage to keep up, not with the faster guys, but with the second group. There are usually two groups and even when that is not the case, like last night, they wait for the slower riders. There is also a following vehicle to look after you. And night riding is big fun.

Let me just add my bit of advice to those of you who feel slightly intimidated to join the group, I am nearly 50 years old, weigh 93kg and I manage to keep up, not with the faster guys, but with the second group. There are usually two groups and even when that is not the case, like last night, they wait for the slower riders. There is also a following vehicle to look after you. And night riding is big fun.

The route last night seemed to suite the weaker riders well. The flats to the silo's got everyone warmed up and the climbing was not too tough. If 50kms is out of your league, there is always the support vehicles that can take you back home.

Thanks for a great ride last night guys.

Curlygirl.

Jy kan gerus probeer. Ek dink almal geniet dit baie veral omdat ons genoeg backup voertuie het en omdat ons niemand agter laat nie. Kom ry gerus saam met ons een aand.

I must say last night was my first and it was great fun.

There were sections on the gravel where they really hammered it but then they waited at the end of the gravel section for everyone to regroup.

I would definetly be back next week. This perfect training for Die Burger MTB race.

There were sections on the gravel where they really hammered it but then they waited at the end of the gravel section for everyone to regroup.

I would definetly be back next week. This perfect training for Die Burger MTB race.

Silver B

I did the Burger race last year and would strongly advise to include hill training and single track riding (and lots of both, probably a bit to late at this stage)in your preparation, last nights trip was too flat and too smooth for proper off road race training.

Which route are you doing for Die Burger MTB?