John Lee broke his hip

Austin

ag nee! Dit is baie jammer. Hy doen so goed en nou dit. Ek hoop hy herstel gou want hy is die ou wat dit gaan groot maak in die tour de france oor 'n paar jaar.

CryThat really is sad and will be a major setback for the youngster. He was going quite well in the tour at around 19th place.

This type of injury takes a long time to heal properly - took James Perry over a year to recover most of his form after a similar break. Hope the lad gets good doctors in Portugal!

Austin, get him back to S.A. Let him see Dr Saragus in Johannesburg. The guy is VERY good and will try to get him safely back on the bike in the quickest time.

Very sad to hear this. Good luck for recovery JL.

Ewep, as far as i have it he had to go imidiatly for surgery. Doesn't help you fly him back in this condition!!! Just cause futher injury! Let him first rcover so that he can recover here fully.

Have a look at barloworld team website, there stands as well something on it. He has a fracture to the neck of the fumer, which is pretty serious as far as i have it!

Operation went off well and they say there shouldnt be any complications. Speedy recovery, boytjie!

Witrot, sorry, thought it was up in the hip itself.  Then the person can be moved.

JL get well soon china!!  Enjoy your rest and LET THE HIP HEAL before goign all out!!! (Austin, you watch him!)

He's lucky he didn't rupture his Femoral artery!

Rest well, take it easy and lets see you back on the bike soon!

Hanlie and James Perry will look after him over there. Corti also very fond of him, so I am sure he is in good hands..Thumbs%20Up

ConfusedSame place as Perry (and Floyd Landis) had their breaks. The re-alignment has to be very precise otherwise there is a blood flow defficiency to the ball joint and can end up as with Landis, where a replacement eventually becomes necessary. So good docs are important!!

Sure JL will bounce back.