Do Mountain Bikers Smoke ?

Trelawney

Do Mountain Bikers Smoke ?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Hey Mountain Bikers - Do you smoke ?

• Yes - Regularly
    • Yes - Occasionally
    • No - Gave up a while back
    • No - Have never smoked

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can ask the roadies as well. Look at tommorow's climb of the tdf. I was a casual smoker for a while, but stopped because I found it difficult to breath while running and riding bike.

In short, yes you can still climb mountains.

The first guy who won the tour de france was a chimney sweeping smoker. It's not really about whether or not you can climb a mountain if you're a smoker, it's about how fast you can do it.

Smoke away if you want, but unless you're going downhill, you'll be riding more slowly than someone who doesn't.

A lot of bike couriers are smokers too. First time I applied for a courier job I told the controller I was a non-smoker, thinking this would be a plus point, but he just laughed at me.

Just wondering whether you can smoke and still climb mountains ?

Trelawney.

Why you asking...do you smoke?

Be honest.

Gave up smoking...still suffer when climbing!!!

I beleive gravity is the culprit here mate.

I beleive gravity is the culprit here mate.

hehehe...

good point - cant we do something about that pesky gravity, rather than quitting drinking and smoking? It would certainly make life more fun...

I have a lot to say about this topic.

But I ask smokers the following: "Please share one benefit of smoking"

Nobody has given me a single satisfactory answer yet.

But they all get harragat, as they realize that it reveals them as weak and stupid to engage in this activity or habit.

Oops!! I put 'Yes Regularly', only read the subject question...Anyway, know of a couple of them who do. Fellow friend lights one up as soon as he finishes a ride...

Don't know how he does it!

Vote rectified!

Edited by lou777

Heartcoppi nobody here said its good for you or even advantagious please stick to the topic before this gets into another smoking good vs bad debate. The simple answer is there are loads of smokers that can zoom up hills.

The rest you can search for on the hub and comment on threads that have long since been burried.

covie, I'll grab any chance to save a life, possibly save a family, improve the society I live in, and take another customer from cigarette companies.

My apologies.

I just cant stand by, while people do this to themselves.

and he just goes on ......

let me see looking at my box it says "smoking can kill you" hrmm since most of us can read i think we are well aware of that fact thank you mate.

Back to the topic, my girl and i smoke and she kicks most people's ass uphill (smokers and non smokers). I think she might be possessed though.