Leopard Warning!!

knippie

Due to the current high activity of leopards in the area Nature Conservation and the City of Cape Town has erected numerous cameras along popular mtb and hiking roads in the basin of the Sir Lowry's pass area. Please urge all people to not interfere with these cameras, as it is essential that the C N knows the number of animals in the area. Also could they please contact me if they spot any leopard in the area of Sir Lowry’s Pass.

My contact detail is Paul Fourie 0828730212 or paulf@journeysend.co.za

Awesome. Can they also use the same camera infrastructure for crime prevention? Every day it seems more and more bikers and hikers are getting mugged out on trails. Seems like you could kill two leopards with one camera here...

Awesome. Can they also use the same camera infrastructure for crime prevention? Every day it seems more and more bikers and hikers are getting mugged out on trails. Seems like you could kill two leopards with one camera here...

these trails are pretty high in the berg, so i dont think theres much mugging happening there.

but good 1liner

these trails are pretty high in the berg, so i dont think theres much mugging happening there.

but good 1liner

Cool, I don't know where these trails are, I meant more like generally... If these cameras can go there, why can't they be used in those known danger areas?

If these cameras can go there, why can't they be used in those known danger areas?

to kill leopards?

Guest Big H

Sure, why not.

TNT1 fanning the fire again!!!!!!!!!

post-24-074423400 1279794111.jpg

Sure, why not.

i can organize a couple of rifles - im sure its more effective than cameras? unless there are gun turrets on the cameras...

i can organize a couple of rifles - im sure its more effective than cameras? unless there are gun turrets on the cameras...

Good point. Why are the leopards attacking the bikers and hikers anyway?

TNT1 fanning the fire again!!!!!!!!!

Of course... I'm waiting to get muffed again...

Fand I know of a few reports of them being in the Koegelberg Nature Reserve

I did read a report of one being seen near the dam - but no footprints were seen.

Mr Paul can you please post more information for us ?

Who do you work with ? What is your involvement with CNC? Is this part of a broader research project ?

Do you have CNC project number ?

Fand I know of a few reports of them being in the Koegelberg Nature Reserve

I did read a report of one being seen near the dam - but no footprints were seen.

Mr Paul can you please post more information for us ?

Who do you work with ? What is your involvement with CNC? Is this part of a broader research project ?

Do you have CNC project number ?

thats really awesome. I've heard that there 1 or 2 in the helderberg nature reserve