post-13600-051449500 1279795758.jpg

post-13600-036539900 1279795812.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your problem because ?

Because he might just be a concerned individual that doesnt feel like visiting a fellow hubber in hospital?

Clint where are those tracks in Stellenbosch?

Above the dam.

Condition of some of those tracks has deteriorated, but still perfectly ridable.

Above the dam.

Condition of some of those tracks has deteriorated, but still perfectly ridable.

dude. your idea of perfectly rideable is 3foot deep soft sand. uphill. with the wind howling against you

Above the dam.

i somehow doubt that - you're mad !!! I saw you that other day when the storm was comming in with all that snow. Doing a track stand at the robot waiting for the lights to change heading out on your ride.

No helmet??

Dont worry that's my brother! We both recently got some helmets. Bought off the HUB mind U. @ that time we were trying out the sport to see if it was for us. Enjoyed it so much that i bought me a second project bike now. Hopefully it will be completed soon.

Gonna take some pictures of Stellenbosch dam in the near future. Planning to go there maybe this Saturday in preparation for the mountain bike challenge next week.

Only doing the 30Km however. Gonna be our first race!

Dont worry that's my brother! We both recently got some helmets. Bought off the HUB mind U. @ that time we were trying out the sport to see if it was for us. Enjoyed it so much that i bought me a second project bike now. Hopefully it will be completed soon.

Gonna take some pictures of Stellenbosch dam in the near future. Planning to go there maybe this Saturday in preparation for the mountain bike challenge next week.

So, it is Scott. Scott nothing to do with you if I wear a helmet or not... ;)

dude. your idea of perfectly rideable is 3foot deep soft sand. uphill. with the wind howling against you

The track is in a real good condition. There just one part that is slowly eroding away @ the section where you start the hicking trail to go up the mountain. There always water running down there. Its still ok I guess.

We almost ride there every night.

dam awesome Clint ! Which race are you going to do ? When you getting cleats?

The track is in a real good condition. There just one part that is slowly eroding away @ the section where you start the hicking trail to go up the mountain. There always water running down there. Its still ok I guess.

We almost ride there every night.

post-13600-097576500 1279799740.jpg

post-13600-000577900 1279799792.jpg

dam awesome Clint ! Which race are you going to do ? When you getting cleats?

I'm going to do the 30KM first race ever. Maybe i'll get shoes soon not sure if it'll be for the race(got a set of shimano pedals already). I've got to much other important stuff to do now.

i somehow doubt that - you're mad !!! I saw you that other day when the storm was comming in with all that snow. Doing a track stand at the robot waiting for the lights to change heading out on your ride.

Track standing is about the limit of my technical abilities. I'm rather rubbish on technical mountain bike trails.

Sand and uphills - two of my favourite things (I also like riding on railway lines). Only because I suck going downhill.

Back to the thread - have you ridden the G-Spot, which is on the other side of the mountain, below the trail that goes to WidowMaker, and ends up in Dalsig. Some pretty good trails there, although there are far too many jumps and crazy downhill obstacles for my liking.

(-33.955829, 18.87742)