Achilles Heel!

Dickie

Hi all, I have an old achilles injury which is part of the reason I am on a bike and not running( Dont get me wrong, I am loving the bike!). Does anyone have any experience with achilles injuries and the affect riding may have on it. I do feel tenderness after a long ride, but not discomfort...yet. Enjoying the forums, thanks...lots to learn here! 

Dickie,

I would think that dropping your heal while climbing might agrivate it,and also your setup of your cleats,for example too far forward!!

Have your bike and cleats setup by a pro!!

Thanks guys, I haven't had my cleats set up professionally so will do so. But riding as such should not aggrivate the old injury?

Thanks guys' date=' I haven't had my cleats set up professionally so will do so. But riding as such should not aggrivate the old injury?[/quote']

I used to suffer with Achilles heel problems in the early part of the running season when increasing speed work. Cycling however never made it worse. Make sure get the cleats right and stretch your tendons.

Cycling as a sport should not aggravate your achilles heel problem. If your cleats are set incorrectly it could cause a number of other problems.