front brakes

marek012

howzit guys hope u can help my front brake pads closed up , pushed them back with a soft tool but its to close and scrapes my disc brake , should i bleed my brakes since ive got no clue how to do that i would appreciate any help

cheers guys

Sometimes gunk gets in the pistons behind the pads so besides a major service, what I would do is; whilst still attached to the hydraulics remove the caliper from the mount, take out the pads, pump it a bit them clean around the pistons with something like turps and a cloth, the pistons can be rotated to clean all around, then try again ... even a bit of Q20 to loosen things up (don't get that on the pads though).

I had a similar problem on my Hope Minis, but ended up doing a complete service with new o-rings etc to sort it out.

check if there is slight free play on the lever for the fluid to return back into the resivoir . Remove the cap of the resivoir so that the inside of the resivoir can climatize to the out side pressure . Some times from traveling to different alltitudes the pressure in the resivoir gets too much and keeps on pushing pressure on the caliper . some small things to try .

Had the same problem, just took the pads out and sprayed a generous amount of Q20 around the piston. It hasn't given problems since.