Yellow lane driving

Bennie Dikwiel

I will never. The chances that I'm driving the speed limit is quit good. So if someone want to past me they need to be faster. I even applaud the truckers with "Geel streep ry se moer" stickers on the back of their trucks.

Depends on the circumstances:

When I can properly see up ahead, yes

When on blind corner, or hill or poor visibility then absolutely NO.

post-14134-0-34334300-1341229238.jpg

biggrin.gif My Sport is blocking them off, do it on a daily basis, on Beyers Naude and N14 to Pta.

It really pisses them off laugh.gif the other day I must have held up at least 20 - 30 cars laugh.gif

I was chilled having a gas,they were miffed.

Woody I see you live in Randpark Ridge as I do and I know exactly what you are talking about. That little stretch from Molope to the highway. I can honestly say that 99.9% of the !@#$%^&*() who drive in the yellow lane are of a particular color group. Good on you for blocking them just be careful none of them ever decides to stop and get a little more than miff. I saw a chick once driving her BMW conv halfway in the yellow lane. She stopped all the taxi 's and their comrades from passing and using the yellow lane. Serious cahoonas she had !! She caused a mini riot :clap:

An incident one day left me very angry as I gave way for a few cars, pulling into the yellow lane, I saw in the distance a car parked in the yellow lane. I then indicated to show I am coming out of the yellow lane and the tosers wouldnt slow down to let me out, so I forced my way, needless to say after that I dont ride in the yellow lane anymore, it is either overtake or stay behind me. Sorry but that could have been very serious as I was being polite the others failed to return the gesture

well on news24 or iol cant remember which they posed the question and the legislation around it, and to sumarize

1. you can stay inside the yellow land and drive in there if you have an medical emergency.

2 . you are allowed to cross into the yellow lane to allow vehicles past but only if you have 150m visibility.

well on news24 or iol cant remember which they posed the question and the legislation around it, and to sumarize

1. you can stay inside the yellow land and drive in there if you have an medical emergency.

2 . you are allowed to cross into the yellow lane to allow vehicles past but only if you have 150m visibility.

And there you all have it !!! I drive a lot in the yellow lane especially if I am very drunk and cannot see the white line to clearly . Easier to follow the yellow line .

If I recall correctly ones insurance company will not pay out should you be involved in an accident whilst driving in the yellow lane.

Can anyone please confirm or disprove this statement?

I think we're missing the point. Ask not whether you drive in the yellow lane, but how can you co-exist with your fellow road users in a respectable manner.

Many laws are ambiguous to say the least.

Give a guy a space, leave room when overtaking, settle down, chill...

As stated before it is legal to move over for traffic to the yellow lane. It is however illegal to pass left on the yellow lane.

I move over but only during sunrise and sunset and I like to see more than 150 meters ahead of me, especially driving at 120. At 120 you will find that 150 meters is not much so I like to see about 1000 meters at least.

What does bug me is that a lot of time you find someone moving over and you have to look yourself for dangers up ahead. Some people actually put themselves and you in danger by moving up for you. In these cases I end up backing off and signaling to the guy to move back into the lane.