Tour de Korea team!

Super

Hi guys

I Heard there is a team going to tour de korea in 1 weeks time?

Anyone have anymore info and who's the team?

I went to CWC shop earlier today and spoke to CWC snr. Yes their is a team going to Korea but it will not be a complete CSC team . It will be a invatation team. Apparently the names will be announced soon.

The boys are going places. 1st they went to Indonesia then to Hong Kong/China and now to Korea. Seems like they will be racing more in overseas than in South Africa.

Good luck to them     

SA cyclists invited to Korea

2007-8-17 18:03

Johannesburg - A group of top South African cyclists has been selected to participate in the Tour de Korea, which is scheduled to take place from September 1 - 9.

The invitation, the first ever, follows the recent impressive performances of Team CSC/Marcello riders in the Tour of Shanghai-Hong Kong, when Chris Willemse Jnr finished third overall.

Team manager Chris Willemse Snr says the team hand-picked for Korea is a "strong one and we have high hopes of winning this tour".

"The 1304.9km nine stage tour covers mountainous terrain and I've chosen a team that is not only well-suited to the course, but determined to make South Africa proud," Willemse said.

The team heading for Korea comprise Team CSC/Marcello's Chris Willemse Jnr, Jeremy Maartens and Abdelbasset Hannachi, David George and MTN/Microsoft's Daniel Spence and Jonathan Kinnear.

The Tour will cover the following stages:

Stage 1 - September 1 - 21.0 km Seoul Criterium style consisting of seven 3km laps

Stage 2 - September 2 - 163. 2 km - Chun Cheon to Yang Yang

Stage 3 - September 3 - 193.0 km - Yang Yang to Dan Yang

Stage 4 - September 4 - 155.8 km - Dan Yang to Yeon Gi

Stage 5 - September 5 - 161.0 km - Yeon Gi to Jeong Eub

Stage 6 - September 6 - 162.8 km - Jeong Eub to Kang Jin

Stage 7 - September 7 - 183.2 km - Kang Jin to Ham Yang

Stage 8 - September 8 - 175.1 km - Ham Yang to Miryang

Stage 9 - September 9 - 89.8 km - Busan Circuit.

SAPA

that's a pretty strong team!! good to see david george making a comeback to european racing

ApproveIt's a 2.2 category tour (amateur & continental teams) so our selected team is sure to do well, but what often happens with these tours is the local lads, who feel that they need recognition, often come to the fore as it's the only significant event for their whole year!!! Old Dog2007-08-19 02:48:34

I am glad that Chris snr is geving David Gearge the opportunity to compete internationaly. He is most probarly one of our three best road riders but never get selected to ride overseas.

Hope he will show the selectors a toffy.

Chris also used him in the Giro and look what he did. Thanks.

Show them David. I am looking forward to the results. Will someone please post the results everyday on the hub ?

Hallo Wheels.

Dit is n plesier vir my om n ryer soos David te help om oorsee te ry. David was nog altyd goed vir my oor die jare en hy verdien defnetief beter behandeling as wat hy tans in SA fietsry kry.

I am going to Korea as well and will do my best to supply the Hub with the results everyday. Thanks for the good words. 

I see that you are vesiting our shop often. Please intreduce yoursekve next time .   

Dankie OOM Chris. Ons sien uit na die uitslae en gee sommer vir ons elke dag n verslag ook. As Oom my sien sal Oom weet wie ek is maar ek sal volgende keer hallo se. Dankie vir die goeie deal wat Oom vir JC gegee het op sy Marcello. Dit lyk nogal grand.

David should go to worlds next month along with Hunter and the rest. He also got selected for Lankawi the last few years, as well as Commonwealth games, worlds last year.... What are you guys talking about? And he bitched so much after Giro about stuff, cant believe he's going.

Good luck Chris en die span.

Hallo Groot Lem.

Lekker om na jou dinge te luister. Laat my dink aan die goeie ou dae van Alen Van Heerden. Dit is basies dieselfde as met David George.

David George was in my CSC/Marcello span gedurende die Giro.

Wat maak jy as die ryer skouer bo almal is in die span? Jy moet hom net kan verstaan en aanvaar hoe ongelukkig hy is dat waneer hy die nodige hulp nodig het daar  nie genoeg spanmaats is wat dit vir hom kan gee nie.

Ek se nog steeds dat David een van die beste ryers is wat ons nog in die land gehad het en dit sluit Van Heerded, Ertjies Bezuidenhout, Robbie mc Intosh en Robbert Hunter in.