Getting back into cycling - MTB advice needed please

racman

OK, well I've been out of cycling and pretty much all things sport related for the last three years or so since moving back to Gauteng (still miss the Cape though :( ). I think the hibernation period is over and I've accumulated enough body fat for a few bleak winters as well!!! :D

I am looking at starting MTB again and looking for a dual suspension MTB for myself and my wife, probably around R30k for both (probably medium and small or x-small)

Any advice on good value bikes available, new or used, where to get the best deals in JHB or PTA etc would be much appreciated. Any dealers etc are also welcome to "pm" me as I have no intention of starting a price or gorilla marketing thread either.

(Oh yes, for those sceptics - I don't work for a bike shop or the industry and this is a genuine request for constructive advice to help me spend my hard earned cash wisely)

In short ... HELP!!!

dude welcome back.

have a look in the classifieds, was a great stumpjumper for 15k, nice comfy good all round bike

yes definately, i have just moved to a stumpy from a merida ninty six, weight in at 96 kgs and am so much more comfy on the stumpy thatn i was on the 96, riding faster on it in marathons than i did on a full race xc bike